This Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake is the most delicious mash-up when creamy cheesecake and cinnamon rolls collide! And bonus, this easy cheesecake recipe requires no water bath or pre-baking.
Love cinnamon like we do? Check out these Snickerdoodle Cookies and our highly rated Cinnamon Cake.
Easy Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake and cinnamon rolls – love them both madly, but rarely make them. Criminal, really. So to make up for it, I basically killed two birds with one stone here, combining the two by making a cinnamon roll cheesecake!
Instead of a traditional Graham cracker crust, the base for this cheesecake recipe consists of cinnamon rolls that have been flattened with their seams connecting. Then the filling is smooth, creamy, and tangy, topped with a cinnamon-brown sugar swirl that adds flavor and warmth – not to mention, how pretty it is!
It’s truly the best of both cheesecake and cinnamon roll worlds!
This easy cheesecake recipe is made with just a short list of ingredients, including canned cinnamon rolls.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Cinnamon rolls – You’ll need a canister of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Icing. This is the base of the cheesecake in lieu of a traditional graham cracker crust.
- Cream cheese – Softened to room temperature to ensure even and smooth blending.
- Granulated Sugar – To sweeten the filling.
- Eggs – Gives the filling structure so it holds its shape.
- Vanilla – For flavor.
- Sour cream – Makes the cheesecake extra creamy and adds a little tang.
- Butter, Brown Sugar, & cinnamon – These are mixed together and swirled into the batter.
TIP! Let the chilled cinnamon rolls sit out for a bit
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
Making this cheesecake is so easy in just a few steps without pre-baking or the need for a water bath – way easier than most other cheesecakes!
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for details and measurements, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Prepare the cinnamon roll crust. Lay all of the cinnamon rolls into a 9-inch nonstick springform pan coated with cooking spray. Press flat into a single layer until they completely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Make the filling. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sugar, sour cream and vanilla, and continue beating until there are no lumps. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing completely after each one. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and evenly spread it around.
- Combine the cinnamon swirl topping. Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until fully combined, then drop spoonfuls of the cinnamon-butter mixture onto the batter. Swirl the mixture into the cheesecake using a knife.
- Bake, Cool, and Chill. Bake at 325°F for about 55-60 minutes, until the cheesecake is firm around the edges but still slightly jiggly in the middle. Remove from oven and cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drizzle with icing. Gently remove springform pan ring and drizzle with the frosting that came with the cinnamon rolls or make your own. Slice and serve!
Video: Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- How to store. This cinnamon roll cheesecake can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 5 days. Keep it tightly covered so it doesn’t dry out.
- To freeze. You can freeze a fully cooled cheesecake by wrapping it tightly in 3 layers of plastic wrap and then also in foil. Keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge for 24 hours before serving.
More Cheesecake Recipes:
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese , softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 17.5 ounce container Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Icing (5 count), room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 9-inch nonstick springform pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with a hand held mixer until smooth. Add in the sour cream and vanilla, and continue beating until there are no lumps. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing completely after each one. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until fully combined. Set aside.
- Lay all of the cinnamon rolls into the prepared pan in a single layer; press flat, until they completely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the cheesecake batter and evenly spread it around, then drop spoonfuls of the cinnamon-butter mixture onto the batter.
- Swirl the butter mixture into the cheesecake using a knife (try to keep it away from the edges.)
- Bake for about 55-60 minutes, until the cheesecake is firm around the edges but still slightly jiggly in the middle. Remove from oven and cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Gently remove springform pan ring.
- Drizzle with the frosting that came with the cinnamon rolls or make your own. Slice and serve!
Reader Questions and Reviews
I was so nervous that the cinnamon rolls wouldn’t rise. But they came out perfect. My husband loved it so much he said I didn’t make enough. Thank you so much. I look forward to making more of your recipes.
How did you get the two tone look? It looks like 2 different cheesecakes put together.
The bottom layer is the cinnamon rolls and the top is the cheesecake – that’s the result of how it bakes.
My daughter found this recipe for her Betty Crocker Dad as she refers to me. It’s in the oven and it looks like a Hit !
I accidentally used the larger cinnamon rolls and that made the baking time longer and me worry about overflow BUT even still it was to DIE FOR! Loved it, my kids even the picky one, all loved it.
I haven’t baked anything since the pandemic but this recipe got me going again- this was awesome as declared by my husband and son – and me!!
Do you use the grand size cinnamon rolls?
I’m not a big baker but took a chance on this while having my girls over and it was a success.
I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 13x9x2 inch pan. It came out of the pan with no problem. I cut the cheesecake slices in a 2×2 size, and then drizzled the icing. It was a big hit at my social gathering!
Just made this. The hardest part was waiting for it to chill so I could slice into it! DREAMY.
Couldn’t wait to make this and it did not disappoint!! Soooo good.
My husband and myself have been to America quite a lot on holiday. On our first visit we both feel in love with cinnamon rolls.They are now available in the U.K and now I cannot wait to try out this cinnamon cheese cake recipes. Thank you soooo much for these brilliant recipes.
This is an absolutely A+ genius idea.
I made this today, we all had a slice for dessert this evening, omg, really don’t know how we stopped at 1 slice each,absolutely delicious, roll on tomorrow for another slice!!
I took a needed break from the computer and found this! It must be amazing.
Oh my gosh!! Yum. Made this for a ladies brunch – only dessert where there wasn’t anything left!
This was amazing!! Loved that there was no water bath.