This homemade beer bread recipe is super easy to make with only 6 ingredients and a crispy buttery crust when it’s done baking. Great on its own with a slab of butter or dipped into soup or chili!
This recipe was developed by me for Negra Modelo. All opinions are 100% my own.
You all know I’m not much of a drinker. And you also know I’d never leave my house if I didn’t have to. Bwah! But sometimes, some things…some people…are just worth stepping outside your comfort zone for.
I would say Top Chef Master, 7-award winning cookbook author, award winning restaurant owner, and TV show host Chef Rick Bayless is one of them, no?
I met him a couple of years ago at a cooking demo in San Francisco, and have been making his amazing Chimichurri sauce ever since.
His authentic Mexican cuisine is outstanding. And his love and enthusiasm for it is simply unmatched.
He’s also an enormous fan of the Mexican beer, Negra Modelo. So, the two partnered up and decided to come back to San Francisco for a foodie walking tour around the Mission.
This included the most amazing handmade, fresh off the grill huaraches, a butcher shop where we tasted pork ribs, and then off to a bakery where I devoured an Ojo de Buey, which are these two scones glued together by strawberry jam and covered in coconut. OMG.
Negra Modelo is the perfect complement to all of these foods. Born at the quarter of the 20th century, their Brewmasters created the Munich Dunkel (dark) style lager by slow roasting caramel malts, a technique that makes the brewing process last twice as long as other beers. Negra Modelo combines the finest Galena hops and yeast varieties with a liberal dose of toasted two-row black malts giving it a balanced, smooth flavor.
We ended the evening at a Mexican restaurant where we got to sample food, Negra Modelo, and learn all about peppers, onions, and avocados <<< super fun.
And I got to bring home some beer to play with, of course!
I decided to bake up some easy beer bread. And, friends, I loved this. LOVED. Who knows why, but beer, brown sugar, and butter just creates a trifecta of deliciousness.
This loaf didn’t even last a day! Crazy good.
You can find more recipes featuring Negra Modelo, here.
watch the video for Beer Bread
other easy bread recipes we love!
How To Make this Beer Bread recipe
Easy Beer Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce bottle Negra Modelo beer , room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted, and divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x 5x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the beer and 3/4 of the melted butter until just combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the pan and drizzle the remaining 1/4 of the butter over the top.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until the top is golden and a tooth pick (or long skewer) inserted in the middle comes out clean. Slice and serve immediately.