This spinach salad is topped with strawberries, mushrooms, avocado, almonds, and the best homemade creamy poppyseed dressing. Fresh, colorful, and ready in 15 minutes!
As predicted, I’ve been off by a day all week, thinking it was earlier than it actually is. So, when the weekend comes sooner than I thought, it will be a nice surprise. Like finding money under the couch cushions. (Which, BTW, never ever happens.)
We only have six more days of school. And I’m sort of regretting spending so much money on summer camps. Because honestly, our own backyard is like a summer camp now. The kids swam for three hours straight last Sunday and almost six hours on Monday. And have the blisters to prove it. Crazy.
I really haven’t cooked much of anything all week. (In case you’re wondering, you can subsist on chips, baby carrots, cream cheese, grapes, and spinach for quite a long time. Or so I’ve heard.)
I put my homemade poppy seed dressing to good use in this wonderful spinach salad!
Making more than one appearance in the last couple of weeks, this spinach salad definitely counts as a fulfilling lunch or dinner. Fresh, colorful, ready in only 15 minutes, and perfect for summer!
other salad recipes we love!
Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup thinly sliced cremini (or button) mushrooms
- 1/2 large ripe avocado , cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 scallions , diced
- Homemade Creamy Poppyseed dressing
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the dressing. Toss well, but making sure not all the goodies fall to the bottom.
- Serve in individual bowls and drizzle the dressing on top, to taste. Pass more at the table, if desired.