A silky lemon cream sauce and roasted Brussels sprouts come together to make this delicious easy weeknight Creamy Lemon Pasta with Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
Well, naturally a project of this size couldn’t go off without a hitch.
So. The bad news is, we had some drainage issues in the yard. The good news is, we discovered it before they laid the concrete deck. WHEW.
The worst news is that Paul had to dig up my lemon bush to figure this all out.
And I moped around for about two full days. Because. OMG. Was there no other solution? And why didn’t he consult me? I’m still not talking to him. And I might even make him watch Celebrity Apprentice with me as punishment.
In the meantime, I’m self-soothing with every lemon dish I can get my hands on. You know, to remember the good ol’ days.
Loved this one! Because brussels sprouts. And cream. And…lemon. Please.
Some other Creamy Pasta recipes you might like!
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
For the Brussels
- 1 pound brussels sprouts , rinsed, rough outer leaves removed, ends trimmed, and cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
For the Pasta
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt , plus more to taste
- Lemon zest , optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place brussels sprouts in the pan, along with the garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and a few turns of fresh cracked black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes; stir. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before the brussels are done cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions for al dente, about 7 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the water, then drain.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the red pepper flakes and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cream, lemon juice, Parmesan, and the salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta back to the pot, along with the cooked Brussels sprouts. Toss well to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Gradually add the pasta water, if necessary, while tossing the pasta, until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Serve immediately with an extra sprinkle of Parmesan and lemon zest, if desired.
adapted from Barefeet in the Kitchen