Delicious salty bacon and sweet delicate peas come together in this quick and easy creamy pasta dish recipe, ready in only 20 minutes. Your entire family will love this for dinner!
Hi Friends! I’m bumping this recipe up from the 2009 archives. Like so many great dishes from years past, it’s gotten buried. But this one is so deserving of further attention – a little head nod. A little hand-holding. A little love.
Because this creamy pasta with bacon and peas has graced my table at least once a month for the past five years. I honestly don’t think I can say that about any other meal.
It’s not mind-blowing. It’s just…really good. A simple, delicious dinner, ya know? And ready in about 20 minutes.
I make this so often that I know it by heart. I make this so often that even my kids have fallen in love with peas. ’Nuf said.
Other easy pasta dishes we love!
Watch the video for Bacon and Peas Pasta
Creamy Pasta with Bacon and Peas
- 12 ounces dried pasta of your choice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (about 4 ounces) diced bacon
- 2 shallots , minced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas , thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, in a large pan, heat butter over medium heat; add bacon and saute for 5 minutes until almost crispy. Add shallots, stir occasionally until they begin to soften, 1-2 minutes. Add peas and half-and-half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer gently until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the water. Add pasta to the sauce; toss to combine, adding a little bit of the reserved pasta water at a time, only if necessary.
- Serve in individual bowls and sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan on top.