Sweet, tart, and boozy, this Cranberry Moscow Mule is a delicious twist on a traditional cocktail, perfect for the fall season. Make a single drink in just minutes or a big batch for get togethers!
If you love the combination of cranberries and wine don’t miss our Cranberry Apple Sangria.
An Easy Fall Cocktail
We took the classic Moscow mule and put a seasonal twist on it with delicious cranberry juice. Cranberry fruit juice and ginger beer are a great pairing for a fall drink, with a perfect balance of sweet and tart.
You might think that ginger beer is alcoholic, but it’s actually not. While some varieties are made with alcohol, more often than not, it’s just a carbonated sour drink. Vodka is what makes a Moscow mule boozy.
Moscow Mule Ingredients
This Cranberry Moscow mule is made with the same ingredients as the original drink, plus a couple extras.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Cranberry juice fruit cocktail: Purchase cranberry juice fruit cocktail, not straight up cranberry juice, which will be too bitter.
- Vodka: Any mid-range vodka will work fine.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed for optimal flavor.
- Crushed ice
- Ginger beer: Use a good quality ginger beer.
- Optional garnish: Cranberries and lime wedges.
Need a cocktail for a crowd or something without the alcohol? Here are a few options:
- Make it spicy. Add in 1/2 to 1 ounce of Fireball cinnamon whisky (to taste).
- Make it sweeter. If you want a sweeter cocktail, you can use ginger ale instead of the ginger beer.
- Make a party pitcher. Need enough for a party pitcher? Scale everything up by 12 and then add in an extra 1 1/2 cups of the cranberry juice. Or simply mix 4 cups cranberry juice, 2 bottles ginger beer, and 1 cup vodka in a pitcher. Then just pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish.
- Make a mocktail. For a non-alcohol drink, simply leave out the shot of vodka. You’ll still get all the sweet and tart flavor.
How to Make Apple Cider Moscow Mule
Making this holiday cocktail could not be easier:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for complete details.)
- Combine ingredients. Pour cranberry juice, vodka, and lime juice into a copper mug. Then, add the crushed ice and top off with the ginger beer. Stir to combine.
- Garnish and serve. Drop a few frozen cranberries into the mug with a lime wedge. Serve.
Why Are Moscow Mules Served In Copper Mugs?
The main reason that Moscow Mules are served in copper mugs is that the copper keeps the drink colder for longer. The copper itself becomes cold and in turn helps the drink stay cold. There is also a rumor that the copper enhances the flavor of the lime and ginger beer.
More Fall Drinks
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 4 ounces ginger beer , chilled
- 4 ounces cranberry fruit juice cocktail , chilled (see note)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 tablespoon lime juice , freshly squeezed
- 1 cup crushed ice
- fresh or frozen cranberries , for garnish
- lime wedge , for garnish
- Pour cranberry fruit juice, vodka, and lime juice into a Moscow Mule copper mug.
- Add crushed ice and top off with the ginger beer. Stir well to combine.
- Garnish with a few frozen cranberries and a lime wedge.
- Enjoy cold!NOTE: Purchase cranberry juice fruit cocktail, not pure cranberry juice, which will be too bitter.