Chocolate Acorns are the cutest Fall or Thanksgiving treat, and with just a couple pantry ingredients they could not be easier to make!
Is it really November? How did that happen?
So, I’m in full swing Thanksgiving planning now, hosting 16 this year! *deep breaths* I thought I would kick things off with something really fun.
I’ve seen these chocolate acorns in Parents Magazine (and Family Fun, which is their subsidiary) for a few years now. I don’t know why it took me so long to make them, but I’m glad I finally did. So cute!
I love that you can make as few or as many as desired.
variations for chocolate acorns
I make mine with Hershey’s chocolate kisses, mini Nilla wafers, melted chocolate, and mini chocolate chips. But there are some other ways to make them fun!
- Make a peanut butter version with Nutter Butter cookies and peanut butter chips
- Replace frosting as the “glue” instead of melted chocolate.
- Use a tiny pretzel stick for the stem.
All super cute!
And if you’re looking for more cute and easy Fall or Thanksgiving goodies, check these out!
They’re all no-bake, so your oven is free for other things.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 50 mini Nilla wafer cookies
- 50 milk chocolate Hershey's kisses , unwrapped
- 50 mini chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave for about 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Continue microwaving in 15 second intervals, if necessary. Using a spatula, transfer melted chocolate to a small Ziploc bag; snip off a tiny corner.
- Pipe a small amount of the chocolate onto the flat side of each cookie and immediately press a Hershey’s kiss on top to attach it. Place on the prepared baking sheet, cookie side down, and repeat with the remaining cookies and kisses; place in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- Pipe a smidge of the melted chocolate onto a mini chocolate chip and attach it to the top of the wafer to create the stem.
- Place back onto the baking sheet until all the acorns are finished. Freeze for another 5 minutes to set completely.