Caramel Apple Grapes are the perfect snack! Grapes dipped in caramel and then in nuts. A little treat that tastes like caramel apple in every bite.
Are these Caramel Apple Grapes not the cutest things ever?!
My husband and I completed a “21 day no junk food challenge.” Bragging rights for getting through it, I guess? I’d love to say we enjoyed it and felt so much better afterward, but honestly, we were counting the seconds until we could have chips and cookies again. I’d rather just keep exercising every day and be able to eat the things I want. Balance, my friends!
Along the way, I had to get creative with homemade snacks. Found these grapes with caramel and totally fell in love.
But shouldn’t they just be called Caramel Grapes, since there’s no apple in this recipe? << I get that question ALL THE TIME. It’s a fun twist on a classic caramel apple. See the correlation…
And they really do taste like little bites of caramel apple! But if the name bothers you, you can call them whatever you want. Nobody you serve them to will care. They’ll just ask for more!
If you don’t like nuts or concerned about allergies, there are several other options to dip them in.
- Crushed up toffee bits
- Cookie crumbs
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Sweetened coconut flakes
- You can also dip the grapes in chocolate instead of caramel
- For an adult version, soak the grapes in vodka first for 24 hours
- Make sure your grapes are completely dry or the caramel won’t stick to them!
- Caramel bits are usually in the baking aisle with the chocolate chips. If you can’t find them, just use 1 cup worth of caramel squares (unwrapped.)
- These can be made a day prior to serving. Just keep them in the refrigerator and let them sit out about 30 minutes before serving (or not – they’re delicious cold, too!)
These are so much fun for parties, game day, bridal showers, or any occasion!
Other Snacks We Love!
How To Make These Caramel Apple Grapes
Caramel Apple Grapes
- 50 seedless green grapes , wiped completely dry
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup salted peanuts or cashews , crushed finely
- (you will also need toothpicks)
- Poke toothpicks into your grapes; set aside.
- In a small pot, over medium-low heat, combine the caramel bits and cream. Stir until melted. Reduce heat to lowest setting just to keep warm.
- Dip the grapes into the caramel sauce and then into the crushed nuts. Place on a plate to set. Repeat until all the grapes are used.
- That's it! Pop those babies in your mouth and enjoy!
- Make sure your grapes are completely dry or the caramel won't stick to them.
- Don't like nuts? No problem. Dip them in crushed up toffee bits, cookies, or graham crackers instead!