Start your day off with this filling and nutritious carrot cake smoothie made with vanilla frozen yogurt, carrots, pecans, and wonderful Fall spices. All the flavors of carrot cake in a healthy breakfast drink!
Clearly I’m a little obsessed with putting a carrot cake spin on everything, like my Carrot Cake Oatmeal, Carrot Cake Cookies, and even Carrot Cake Homemade Dog Treats! So, why not a Carrot Cake Smoothie?
Carrot Cake Smoothie Ingredients
I thought the ingredients of carrot cake would translate well into this breakfast drink, and they did! And don’t be all weirded out by the baby food – it’s just pureed carrots, which adds a little sweetness.
- Fresh Carrots
- Pureed baby carrot food (yep!)
- Chopped pecans
- Vanilla frozen yogurt
- Whole milk
- Vanilla extract
- Granulated and Brown sugar
- Cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
How To Make This Smoothie
Smoothies are possibly the easiest thing to make. Just simply place all the ingredients in a blender and whirl away until the desired consistency is reached.
TIP: it’s best to pour any liquid in first, followed by the rest of the ingredients. Keeping the liquids on the bottom allows the blender to create a “vortex,” easily pulling down the vegetables that is layered above it, and preventing it from getting caught in the blender’s blades. Start your blender on low and then increase to high speed.
Is this breakfast? Is it dessert? I’ll leave that up to you. Either way, it’s delicious! And you don’t need to wait an hour for it to bake! HA.
Other Smoothie Recipes to try!
I hope you love this delicious and simple recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Carrot Cake Smoothie
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 4-ounce jars pureed carrots (like baby food!)
- 1 cup low fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place milk, carrot baby food, frozen yogurt, vanilla, both sugars, and all the spices in a blender (in the order listed.) Process until combined.
- Add in the pecans, carrots, and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Reader Questions and Reviews
This was fantastic!
I’ve made this several days in a row now. Delicious!
Mmm maybe I’ll have this as breakfast AND dessert…and if I top it with a puff of cream cheese frosting, you won’t tell, right?
What a brilliant idea for a smoothie!