Shrimp is baked in a tangy lemon and wine reduction, sweet tomatoes and peas, and salty feta. Serve this Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta on its own or with sliced bread!
It’s March! You know what that means, right?
When we’re hot here in California and want to eat cold salad, while the rest of the world is still buried in snow craving cheesy casseroles, of course.
Oh wait. Did you think I meant March Madness and basketball? Well, sure. That too.
I got my toes painted, thanks to sister Jen! And I shopped at Target yesterday for new patio furniture. And beach towels. Ya.
BUT. I also made meatloaf with roasted potatoes. So, I’m not completely blowing off winter comfort food yet.
And I made this easy baked shrimp dish.
It’s tangy from the lemon juice and wine reduction, but sweet from the tomatoes and peas, and salty from the feta. I served it on sliced crunchy Italian bread, which sort of made it feel like an appetizer, but it’s really not. Unless you want it to be. Either way, it’s really good!
other shrimp recipes we love
Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion , finely diced
- 3 cloves cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas , defrosted
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes , drained
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 2 ouncces (about 1/2 cup) crumbled feta cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- french baguette , sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add in onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in garlic; cook for another 30 seconds, while stirring. Add in lemon juice, wine, oregano, pepper, peas, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp.
- Transfer mixture to the baking dish. Sprinkle the feta cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until shrimp are done and cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with bread, if desired.