These Air Fryer Bagel Minis are quick and easy bagel bites made with only 5 ingredients plus everything bagel seasoning. All the texture and flavor of your favorite bagel in bite-sized form!
Another fun twist on bagels is our bagel egg boats! Stuffed with scrambled eggs, cheese, and other ingredients, they’re a great breakfast for on-the-go when you need something portable.
Easy Air Fryer Bagel Bites
We’re just slightly obsessed with these air fryer bagel minis. They’re essentially bite-sized bagel balls but made with yogurt for some added protein and topped with everything bagel seasoning. Air fried to perfection, the inside is fluffy while the outside is nice and crisp.
Inspired by Dunkin Donuts bagel minis, I adapted these from my easy bagel recipe. Of course, I had to add my everything bagel seasoning because everything bagels are just the best. Using my homemade bagel recipe means that these require just 10 minutes or so of prep and there’s no need to let the dough rise.
These make a great morning snack and would be lovely served at brunch, maybe with some cream cheese and lox dip. They freeze well too, so go ahead and make a double batch.
These easy air fryer bagel balls are made with just 6 ingredients.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- All-purpose flour – Spooned and leveled for accurate measuring to avoid a dense bagel.
- Baking powder – Gifts lift to the dough.
- Kosher salt – For flavor. Be sure to use kosher salt (or coarse salt) and not table salt.
- Greek yogurt – You need to use non-fat plain Greek yogurt for these mini bagel balls. Regular yogurt will not work.
- Egg white – Whisked to use as an egg wash, which helps the seasoning stick to the bagels.
- Everything Bagel seasoning – I use homemade everything bagel seasoning, since it requires just a few ingredients, but you can also purchase it already made. It’s common now at all grocery stores.
You can switch these mini bagels up to include whatever your favorite bagel seasoning is. A few ideas:
- Cinnamon sugar bagel bites. Replace the everything bagel seasoning with cinnamon sugar.
- Add a cream cheese filling. The Dunkin Donut bagel minis are filled with cream cheese. All you need to do is cut a small cube of cream cheese, form a hole in each bagel bite, add the cream cheese, and seal it up tightly.
- Add another seasoning. Not a fan of Everything Bagel seasoning? Top these bagels with any other seasoning you’d like.
How to Make Bagel Minis
These easy air fryer bagel bites are simple to make in just a few steps.
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for details and measurements, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Form the dough. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix in the yogurt until it forms a shaggy, crumbly dough.
- Knead the dough. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and sprinkle some extra flour on top. Knead until it comes together. The dough should be tacky but not sticky.
- Divide the dough. Separate the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each one into a small ball.
- Add the seasoning. Brush the bagel balls with egg wash and sprinkle with the everything bagel seasoning.
- Air fry. Place in the air fryer. Air fry at 350F for 10 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Enjoy. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then enjoy!
Tips for Success
Keep the following things in mind when making these everything bagel minis.
- Don’t overwork the dough. When kneading the dough, do so just until the dough comes together. It should take just around 10 turns or so.
- Make sure all bagel balls are the same size. To ensure they all cook evenly, it’s important that each of the bagel bites is the same size. If you’re not sure just eyeballing it, you can always weigh out the dough using a kitchen scale.
- Use Greek yogurt. Do not try to substitute Greek yogurt for plain yogurt – it won’t work. You need the texture of Greek yogurt.
- Don’t crowd the air fryer. In order for the air to circulate, it’s important that there’s space between each bagel bite. If you have a small air fryer, just cook them in two batches.
Video: Homemade Bagel Minis
These copycat Dunkin bagel minis are perfectly bite-sized and have a slight tang to them so you can definitely eat them plain – or you can dress them up like a regular bagel. My favorite bagel toppings, besides regular cream cheese, include cream cheese and lox, onion jam, and cinnamon butter. Plain butter works just fine too!
- Storing leftovers. Bagel minis are best enjoyed the day they’re prepared but they’ll last at room temperature for up to a day or in the fridge for 3 days, in an airtight container. In either case, I recommend warming them up in the microwave for 10 seconds or so.
- Can I Freeze These Bagel Balls? Yes, these freeze super well. Allow them to cool, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and either place them in a freezer-safe container or wrap them in foil. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge then reheat in the microwave or air fryer before serving.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Easy Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies
- Turon-Banana Spring Rolls
Air Fryer Bagel Minis
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour , spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt (not table salt)
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white , whisked
- 2 tablespoons Everything bagel seasoning
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until incorporated. Add the yogurt and mix with a fork until it forms a shaggy, crumbly dough.
- Transfer dough to a clean work surface dusted with flour and sprinkle a bit of flour on top of the dough. Knead the dough until it comes together and no crumbs remain – the dough should be tacky, but it should not stick to your hand when you pull away. (Don't overwork the dough.)
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Using your hands, roll each portion into a small ball, about 1 & 1/4-inches in diameter.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle all around with the everything bagel seasoning.
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with nonstick spray and place bagel bites inside, in a single layer not touching.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 10 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes and enjoy!