This No-Bake Coconut Cream Lush Dessert is smooth, rich, light, and there’s no cooking involved. It’s so easy and perfect for summer gatherings!
I grew up in a house where we played games; board games, card games, and yes, some video games. I have vivid (and very fond!) memories of my grandparents coming up from Los Angeles for holiday weekends and playing Rummikub with my parents all night. And as my sister and I got older, we would play Cribbage together, and Mexican Train with my parents. So much fun.
But it seems like this is missing from my generation as we aged. Everyone just wants to talk and drink. Zzzzz.
Then I met Paul. His family are big card players. And then we met (our now) group of friends when we moved back to CA several years ago. They’re also card players. Love, love, love.
Almost every time we get together, our friend Matt has found a new one for us to try. The latest is called Utter Nonsense, where players combine silly accents with even sillier phrases to create sayings that are ridiculous. It’s completely inappropriate and hilarious. Nobody can really beat Paul, but we all pretend like we measure up. HA. (We also always get in a few rounds of Cards Against Humanity. My face hurts for days afterwards from aughing so hard. That game. Every time we play it, we all say, “Omg, we’re going to Hell” followed by “Why don’t we do this more often?”)
We usually do a potluck dinner situation, too.
Somewhere down the road, I got tagged as the dessert maker. And I carry that with me like a badge of honor.
If you’ve never had a lush dessert, you are missing out. They’re easy, no-bake, feed a crowd, and they’re luscious! Thus, the name.
So, I took my favorite Pineapple Lush and Banana Split Lush and played with them a little, giving this one a coconut twist. (You can pretty much add coconut cream pudding to the list with Oreos, donuts, or icing, of things I cannot resist.)
You guys. This Lush is ridiculous, I can barely stand it. Creamy, rich, light, and comes together so fast. Waiting for it to chill is the hardest part. It’s perfect for summer, which I am so ready for!
How to Toast Coconut
Other No-Bake Lush Desserts you might enjoy!
No Bake Pineapple Lush Dessert – Belly Full
No Bake Banana Split Lush Dessert – Belly Full
No Bake Mint Chip Lush – Crazy For Crust
Pina Colada Lush – Wine and Glue
Watch the video for No-Bake Coconut Cream Lush!
No-Bake Coconut Cream Lush Dessert
For The Crust
- 4 cups Nilla Wafer cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For The Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounce (1 container) Cool Whip topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
For The Topping
- 3 ounce (1 box) instant coconut cream Jell-O pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup toasted flaked coconut
- Coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Blend the Nilla Wafers in a food processor until finely ground; add in the melted butter and blend until well combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until combined and fluffy; add in the Cool Whip and flaked coconut and continue to mix until combined. Spread evenly over the Nilla wafer layer.
- Wipe out the bowl and pour in the Jell-o pudding powder and milk. Whisk vigorously for 2 minutes until thickened and set. Pour mixture over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle toasted coconut flakes over the top.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled and set, about 4 hours.
- Slice and serve!