These Chopped Cheeseburger Sliders are a cross between a sloppy joe and a McDonald’s Big Mac. They’re super easy, delicious, and quite awesome!
Whenever I’m fried at the end of the week and can’t stand the idea of being in the kitchen one more minute, Paul will suggest making a run to McDonald’s (mainly because it’s down the road) and I’m always like “Ew.” But the kids are like, “PLEASE????”
It’s such a treat to them, since they don’t get it very often. As much as they love my cooking, there’s just something about a Big Mac.
And I get it. That was always my choice as a kid when my own Dad would make a run to McDonald’s.
It never fails, too – when Trevor starts looking full, I’ll give him some puppy dog eyes and ask, “Are you gonna finish that?” Lol.
These Chopped Cheeseburger Sliders are a cross between a sloppy joe and a McDonald’s Big Mac. And, well, they’re sort of awesome.
I’ve made them three times in the last two weeks. Obsessed!
Other Slider recipes we love!
How To Make This Chopped Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe
Chopped Cheeseburger Sliders
- 12 small dinner rolls
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion , diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 6 slices American cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the bottoms of the rolls in the prepared pan, reserving the tops.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high. Add in the onion and ground beef; cook until onions are translucent and the beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off fat. Season with the salt and pepper, Stir in the dill pickle relish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise and hot sauce. Set aside.
- Spread an even amount of ketchup onto each roll bottom, followed by the cooked ground beef. Top with the cheese slices. Spread the spicy mayo mixture on the dinner roll tops and place on top of the cheese.
- Bake until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Serve right away and enjoy!