These Sweet and Spicy Chicken Sliders are perfect for lunch, dinner, parties, or game day. Total crowd pleaser!
So, Haley tried out for the Acro (acrobatics) team at her gym. And she made it. Exciting!
When we originally discussed the potential to make team, she knew she had to give up soccer and possibly dance. She didn’t even hesitate. Bittersweet, really. But as far as scheduling, I thought we’d catch a break.
When you make “team” you’re required to be at gym three days a week, several hours each day. And so far it hasn’t been consistent. Sometimes it’s MWF, other weeks it’s MTW. Sometimes it’s at 4:30, other times it’s at 5:30. It’s kind of making me batty, you guys. In combination with Trevor’s soccer practice, meal time has been a struggle.
We love these Sweet and Spicy Chicken Sliders. So much flavor. I usually roast my own chicken earlier in the day (or even the day before), but if I’m in a real pinch, a rotisserie chicken never disappoints.
- • 12 (3-inch) rolls, split in half
- • 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- • 2 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- • 1 can (8 ounce) pineapple chunks, drained, roughly chopped
- • 1/4 cup diced pickled jalapeños
- • 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- • 2 tablespoons honey
- • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Lay bottom halves of the rolls in the dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, pineapple, pickled jalapeños, barbecue sauce, and mayonnaise. Spoon an even amount of the mixture over the cheese; then sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Place the roll tops on the cheese.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the butter, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper; pour over the sliders.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes until cheese is melted and sliders are warmed through. Serve hot!
More SLIDER recipes you might enjoy!
Italian Pesto Sliders – Wine & Glue
Italian Roast Beef Sliders – Valerie’s Kitchen
S’mores Sliders – Foodness Gracious