Chocolate Challah French Toast – french toast just got elevated by using chocolate challah bread. Great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even dessert!
If you HAD to choose, would you pick pancakes, waffles, or french toast?
For me: eggs benedict. Oh wait… lol.
But seriously. I would pick french toast. Sadly, that is probably my kids’ least favorite option, so I rarely make it. What the heck is with my kids?? Why do I even bother feeding them?
I will say though, they had no problem scarfing this down.
Chocolate, you guys. It’s the key to everything in life.
Other Breakfast recipes we love!
Chocolate Challah French Toast
- 1 loaf chocolate challah (12 slices)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- maple syrup , for serving
- powdered sugar , for serving
- fresh fruit , for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon. Transfer to a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt half butter over medium heat. Dip bread slices in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Fry slices until golden, about 1-2 minutes, flip and cook on the other side. Repeat with remaining butter and bread slices.
- Serve with warmed syrup, a dusting of powdered sugar, and fresh fruit.