My kids finally like potatoes.
That only took nine years.
I was starting to seriously question whether there was a mix-up at the hospital.
But here we are – better late than never. And I am so filled with happy. Because this opens up such a world of possibilities for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Can I get an amen?
These hash browns are their favorite. Sometimes I serve with eggs and bacon. Other times, all on its own. And they seem perfectly ok with that. Progress!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil , divided
- 4 cups shredded hash browns , thawed if frozen (I used 1 package refrigerated Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1-2 tablespoons everything seasoning
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Add the shredded hash browns to the skillet. Spread in an even layer; press down lightly with spatula. Cook for about 6 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. With the spatula, turn potatoes over. Cook for an additional 6 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Divide among 4 plates. Top with greek yogurt, scallions, and a sprinkle of everything seasoning, to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!