You know a cookbook is awesome when…
1. there are pictures for each recipe
2. prep times are included
3. substitution suggestions are given
4. you want to make every. single. thing. !
She had a party and we got to sample a dozen of her creations. I might have taken more than my fair share of the Lemon Meringue Pie Fudge. Maybe. And the Truffle-Topped Brownies. Aaaaand the Cake Batter Blondie Bars. To die.
I had a really hard time deciding what to share with you today, but I’m a sucker for dips, and this one is off the hook, friends.
I’m giving away 2 signed copies of her cookbook, so you can make the 50+ fab treats. And if you don’t win, I highly recommend purchasing a copy for yourself and others. The holidays are right around the corner!
Makes approx. 3 cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
• 1 cup cold heavy cream
• 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
• 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2-4 tablespoons brewed coffee, cooled
• 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
• assorted dippers: strawberries, pound cake cubes, shortbread cookies
In a medium bowl, beat the cream and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar together with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
In large bowl, beat the mascarpone with the remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar, until smooth. Blend in the vanilla and 2 tablespoons of the coffee. Taste and add more coffee if you’d like it stronger. With a microplane grater, grate half of the chocolate into the mixture. Fold in the whipped cream.
Place dip in a serving bowl and grate the rest of the chocolate as garish. Serve with dippers!
Note: this dip can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator up to 3 days.