Sour Cream Peach Pecan Pie – fresh peaches, pecans, and a streusel topping make this the best peach pie and the perfect summertime dessert!
Peaches are in season!
I was in the market the other day and the smell from the pile of them was heavenly. That stayed on my mind all day.
I also had pie on my mind. Maybe because I’m still in complete awe of Evan Kleiman (the voice behind the radio program Good Food on KCRW and the chef at Angeli Caffe in Los Angeles) who baked a pie every single day this summer. Hello. My hero.
Then the latest Taste of Home came in the mail and the featured recipe was a peach pie, of all things. Destiny, you guys.
But not just any peach pie. This peach pie, made by Sherrell Dikes of Arkansas, took first place in the Great American Pie Show.
So, I just had to make it. Not once, but twice.
Oh yeah. It’s good all right.
I still altered it, though. I can’t even leave an award-winning recipe alone. Criminy.
- • 9-inch deep dish refrigerated prepared pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- • 2 cups diced fresh ripe peaches (about 3 medium)
- • 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- • 1/2 cup sour cream
- • 2 large egg yolks
- • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Streusel Topping:
- • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425° degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches and preserves. Transfer to pie shell.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, flour, and vanilla. Pour over peaches. Place pie on baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. In a small bowl, combine the flour, both sugars, pecans, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over pie. Cover edges of crust to prevent over-browning.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and topping is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!