This Baked Cod Sheet Pan Dinner is beautiful, healthy, and delicious. Using fresh veggies – asparagus and cherry tomatoes in this case – it’s a simple recipe that happens to be low carb and gluten free. Plus it’s super quick to make with easy clean up, perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Every winter I indulge in all the ooey gooey comfort food – because what’s a little extra body fat for insulation, right? – and then around March I can’t button my pants. Whoops! So, I run extra miles and cut way back on the calories in a desperate attempt to avoid shopping for a new bathing suit.
But sometimes I start a little later. Like halfway into summer later. Luckily, summer in California may technically come to an end at the same time as the rest of the country, but in reality, we’ve got another two more months of hot temperatures. So when everyone is already longing for pumpkin, apples, and squash recipes, I’m not quite there yet.
I thoroughly enjoy all the fresh peaches, nectarines, and vegetables in the market in late summer. And recipes like this Baked Cod Sheet Pan Dinner.
What Makes This Baked Cod Sheet Pan Dinner So Great?
- It’s so light, bright, fresh and healthy!
- It’s a sheet pan meal, which are great because there’s so little cleanup!
- This recipe just happens to be both low carb and gluten free!
- Make sure to pat your cod filets dry! If you don’t, they can water down the veggies underneath.
- Be sure and trim the ends of your asparagus! You can do so either by cutting off the bottom 1 to 1.5 inches, or simply by snapping each end of – it typically breaks where the asparagus starts to get tender.
- Watch for the bones when eating the fish! While fillets tend to have less, or even no bones, than other cuts, it’s still something to be mindful of.
- If you can’t find cod, use a different white fish like tilapia or halibut.
- Asparagus is great in the spring and summer, but might be harder to find in the fall and winter. Try using a different thin green vegetable like broccolini or green beans instead.
- Add a couple pinches of cracked red pepper flakes to give a hint of spiciness to this dish!
Other Fish Recipes We Love!
How To Make This Baked Cod Sheet Pan Dinner
Baked Cod Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 pound thin asparagus ,ends trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes ,halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 4 ounce cod fillets ,rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 15x10-inch baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Toss the asparagus and cherry tomatoes with the olive oil; spread on the baking sheet. Place cod fillets on top.
- Brush the fish with the lemon juice; sprinkle with the lemon zest. Sprinkle everything with the Parmesan and a little salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 12-15 minutes.