These Rolo Cookies are chocolate cake surrounding melted chocolate and caramel, coated in powdered sugar. Soft, gooey, and awesome. Only 5 ingredients needed!
Easy Rolos Candy Cookies
Chocolate cake surrounding melted caramel, and coated in powdered sugar. These Rolo Cookies are just that. What’s not to love?
I got this recipe from my friend Kary and they became an instant favorite. When my kids were little, they would ask me to make them all the time. Now that they’re older, they make up a batch themselves. They’re SO easy. All you need is 5 ingredients!
You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this rolo cookie recipe.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Devils Food Cake mix – A box of cake mix, ideally sifted. Any brand works.
- Vegetable oil – For necessary moisture.
- Eggs – Binds the dough together.
- Rolo Candies – Make sure they’re unwrappped!
- Powdered Sugar – The dough balls get coated in this before baking.
How to Make Rolo Cookies
These caramel chocolate cookies could not be easy to make in just a few steps.
(Scroll to the bottom for our easy printable recipe with the complete directions, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Make the cookie dough. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs (mixture will be thick.)
- Form the dough balls. Take a small portion of the dough (about a 1/2 tablespoon, just enough to cover the Rolo) and form a ball around the candy.
- Coat in powdered sugar. Roll each cookie dough ball in powered sugar and place on parchment lined baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake. Bake in a 350F preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool and serve. Out of the oven, press down just slightly and let cool for a few minutes. Eat and enjoy!
Video: Rolo Cookies
- Storing leftovers. These are best served right away while the caramel is warm and gooey, but any extras can be stored in an airtight container and will keep at room temperature for a day or up to a 5 days in the fridge.
- To freeze. Let cool completely, then transfer to a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. Freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge overnight and bring closer to room temperature before serving, keeping in mind that the caramel will no longer be as gooey.
More Easy Cookie Recipes:
- DoubleTree Cookies
- Easy Sugar Cookies
- No-Bake Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies
- Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 15 ounce box Devils Food Cake mix , sifted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounce package Rolo candies , unwrappped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs (mixture will be thick.)
- Take a small portion of the dough (about a 1/2 tablespoon, just enough to cover the Rolo) and form a ball around the candy.
- Roll in powered sugar and place on baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Press down slightly and let cool for a few minutes. Eat and enjoy!