Rolo Cookies are chocolate cake surrounding melted chocolate and caramel, coated in powdered sugar. Soft, gooey, and awesome. Only 5 ingredients needed!
Yes, my love for pie runs deep. However, do you know how much I love cookies? If I was ever going to start another food blog (and no, that is not going to happen…I barely sleep as it is!), I would devote it all to cookies.
Our holiday card this year included some miscellaneous data like how many dishes I washed this year (9,015), trips to the market (732), and cookies I baked (472) – in hindsight I think all those numbers are a little conservative. Especially the cookies, considering it’s one of my favorite things to do with the kids almost every. single. weekend. Add that up and you get close to 1,300 cookies. Math was never my strong suit.
Anyway, a month or so ago I was trying out a bunch of new cookie recipes, and shouted on Facebook my utter frustration that none of them were any good. (You really have to mess up a cookie for it not to be any good.) But recipe after recipe left me so disappointed. Too dry, too bland, too messy, meh…
Apparently 4th time is a charm. Chocolate cake surrounding melted caramel, and coated in powdered sugar. What more is there to say?
Watch the video for Rolo Cookies
These Rolo Cookies were a home run. These are my friend Kary’s latest addiction. And these are what will be waiting for Santa in a few days.
Other recipes for Cookies we love!
- 15 ounce box Devils Food Cake mix , sifted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounce package Rolo candies , unwrappped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs (mixture will be thick.)
- Take a small portion of the dough (about a 1/2 tablespoon, just enough to cover the Rolo) and form a ball around the candy.
- Roll in powered sugar and place on baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Press down slightly and let cool for a few minutes. Eat and enjoy!