This easy raspberry lassi recipe is made with fresh or frozen fruit raspberries, milk, yogurt, honey, and a dash of cinnamon. Such a refreshing drink on a hot summer day!
I’ve come to terms with my internal battle of not using the oven in summertime. But, here’s my other struggle – wanting to use my blender after I exercise. But everyone is still asleep. I just ran 4 miles – I’m hungry, people! Granted I get up at 4:30. But…details.
The other morning, I actually took the blender and ingredients into the garage, so I could whirl away and not disturb anyone’s REM. True story. But hey, I wanted this Lassi and wasn’t willing to wait.
What is a lassi?
Lassi (pronounced ‘lussi’) is a classic yogurt-based drink that originated in India. The Indian Lassi is a blend of yogurt, water, spices, and usually fruit. It’s basically like a smoothie or milkshake. There are many variations – some salty, some sweet, some with mint – but a mango Lassi is the most popular and a staple at most Indian restaurants.
While I love mango, I decided to make a raspberry version. And it’s delicious!
Lassi Drink Recipe
Ingredients you’ll need:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- plain non-fat yogurt
- whole milk
- white sugar or honey
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
Notes for this Lassi recipe
- You can use either fresh or frozen raspberries.
- If your raspberries aren’t very sweet, you’ll want to add a little more sugar or honey.
- Ice is optional, but you can pour this drink over some ice cubes on a really hot day.
- If you want a thicker, more milkshake-like consistency, blend in some ice with the rest of the mixture.
- The whole milk can be substituted with coconut milk.
This lassi drink is so cool and refreshing and really hits the spot on a hot day!
Other summer drinks we love!
Raspberry Lassi Drink
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar or honey (more or less to taste)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- ice (optional)
- Place raspberries, yogurt, milk, sugar and cinnamon (if using) in a blender and give it a whirl for 1-2 minutes until smooth and frothy.
- If you want a more milkshake consistency, blend in some ice as well.
- Pour into tumbler glasses and enjoy!