These Rocky Road Avalanche Bars are filled with chocolate, nut butter, rice krispies cereal, and marshmallows. This recipe is no bake, no fuss, and no-one can resist them!
Easy No Bake Avalanche Bars
Rocky Road Avalanche Bars, you guys! They’re pretty much as irresistible as you’d think. Three types of silky chocolate mixed with crunchy rice cereal, pillowy marshmallows, and nut butter. I mean, COME ON. Heaven!
They can be made with peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower butter. My kids go bonkers whenever I make a batch. These are dangerously easy and so good!
What You’ll Need
You only need a few ingredients to make these.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Chocolate-flavored Candiquick candy
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- German’s sweet chocolate bar
- Nut butter: Peanut, almond, or sunflower butter all work
- Crispy rice cereal: You can use Rice Krispies or any off-brand.
- Mini marshmallows
How to Make Rocky Road Avalanche Bars
These are as simple as melting all the chocolate, mixing everything together, pouring into a pan, and chilling until solid. For all the details, scroll down to the complete printable recipe card and don’t miss the video below.
How to Store
Bars will keep in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Candy Recipes:
- Old Fashioned Potato Candy
- Polar Bear Paws (See’s Copycat)
- Turtle Candy
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- Candied Pecans
Rocky Road Avalanche Bars
- 1 pound chocolate-flavored Candiquick candy coating , broken into sections
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces German’s sweet chocolate bar , broken into chunks
- 16 ounce jar nut butter (such as peanut, almond, or sunflower)
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place candy coating, chocolate chips, and German’s chocolate bar pieces in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave at half power in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the nut butter. Add the cereal, marshmallows, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Allow to sit in a cool area until firm, or place in the freezer for 20 minutes to speed up the process.
- Once solid, cut into cube pieces and enjoy!
recipe reprinted courtesy of The Simple Kitchen and Page Street Publishing