These Rocky Road Avalanche Bars are filled with chocolate, nut butter, rice krispies cereal, and marshmallows. This recipe is no bake, no fuss, and no-one can resist them!
It’s been a while since I had a cookbook to recommend, but I’ve got one. The Simple Kitchen, written by Chad and Donna Elick, from the popular website The Slow Roasted Italian, was recently released. And just in time for the holidays, right? Along with these Rocky Road Avalanche Bars. ’Tis the season for gift giving!
All About The Simple Kitchen Cookbook
- What is is about? It’s filled with delicious and easy from-scratch recipes, plus tips for making family-friendly dishes fast.
- What kinds of recipes are included? Chicken, pork, beef, pasta, vegetables, and desserts.
- How are the chapters organized? Crockpot, One-Pot Wonders, Dinner In A Snap, Appetizers, Soups, Sides and Veggies, Everyday Essentials, and Desserts.
- Do I need special equipment? Nope! Just your basic skillet, saucepan, and casserole dishes.
- Ate the ingredients easy to find? Yes! All of the ingredients used in the recipes can be found at your common grocery store.
- What is the level of difficulty? I say overall pretty easy! If you’re comfortable in the kitchen and cook regularly, these recipes are a breeze. Very similar to the type of recipes you’re used to me making here on Belly Full.
- Are there a lot of pictures in the book? Yes! There is a photo to accompany all 80+ recipes.
Now let’s talk about these Rocky Road Avalanche Bars!
They’re pretty much as irresistible as you’d think. Three types of silky chocolate mixed with crunchy rice cereal, pillowy marshmallows, and nut butter. I mean, COME ON. Heaven!
The original recipe calls for peanut butter (of course. sigh.), but luckily I can easily sub in almond butter or sunflower butter for most desserts, and these were no exception. The kids went bonkers when they got home from school to see them sitting on the counter.
These are dangerously good!
Other recipes from the book I made and enjoyed:
- Chipotle-Lime Barbecue Pork Chops
- Chili Lime Steak Bites
- Slow Cooker Bourbon Brown Sugar Meatballs
- Garlic-Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- Legendary Pecan Pie Bars
Buy The Simple Kitchen Cookbook here!
Other Candy Recipes To Make!
- Old Fashioned Potato Candy
- (See’s Copycat) Polar Bear Paws
- Turtle Candy
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- Candied Pecans
Watch the video for Rocky Road Avalanche Bars
How To make these Rocky Road Avalanche Bars
Rocky Road Avalanche Bars
- 1 pound chocolate-flavored Candiquick candy coating , broken into sections
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces German’s sweet chocolate bar , broken into chunks
- 16 ounce jar nut butter (such as peanut, almond, or sunflower)
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place candy coating, chocolate chips, and German’s chocolate bar pieces in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave at half power in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the nut butter. Add the cereal, marshmallows, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Allow to sit in a cool area until firm, or place in the freezer for 20 minutes to speed up the process.
- Once solid, cut into cube pieces and enjoy!
recipe reprinted courtesy of The Simple Kitchen and Page Street Publishing