Saltine Cracker Toffee is the ultimate sweet and salty treat! Crunchy, buttery and undeniably addicting. Only 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to make it. There’s a reason people call it Christmas Crack!
Surely you’ve had Saltine Cracker Toffee. And if you haven’t, you are truly missing out.
People affectionately refer to it as Saltine Sweeties, Cracker Toffee, Cracker Candy, Toffee Bark, Faux Toffee, Fooler Toffee, and most popular, Christmas Crack (for good reason – it is SO good and nobody has any willpower around it!)
Saltine Cracker Toffee Recipe
You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this!
- Saltine Crackers
- Brown sugar
- Mini chocolate morsels
- Various toppings of your choice
How to Make Saltine Cracker Toffee
(For the FULL DETAILED printable recipe, scroll to the bottom)
- Line a rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan with foil; coat with nonstick spray.
- Boil the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, then slowly (and evenly) pour over the crackers.
- Bake for about 7 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate morsels evenly over the top. Return to the oven or let stand until the chocolate lose their shape, about 1 minute.
- Spread the chocolate in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with your toppings.
- Let stand until set, then chill for at least a couple hours.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
Christmas Crack Recipe Variations
There are numerous ways to make the toffee unique simply by switching up the base, type of chocolate, or toppings. Just stick with the main concept and ratios.
- Saltine crackers can be substituted with Ritz Crackers, Graham Crackers, or even Matzo (for Hanukkah!)
- Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, and butterscotch morsels all work and are all delicious!
- Toppings can be chopped up nuts, M&Ms, crushed pretzels, candy candy pieces, sprinkles, or toffee bits.
Don’t make it too salty!
How To Store Saltine Toffee Crack
Store saltine cracker toffee in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. It tastes amazing cold, too!
This treat is most popular around the holidays, but I make it all year round – it’s perfect for game day, baby showers, and just anytime you’ve got a craving!
Watch it Being Made
Other Holiday Candy Recipes
I hope you love this delicious and simple recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers (about 48)
- 1 cup butter , cut into cubes (see note)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans (or various toppings, see suggestions in article)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan with aluminum foil; coat with nonstick spray. Place saltine crackers in a single layer.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar over medium heat until butter is melted; bring to a boil. When it begins to bubble, cook for 3 minutes while stirring. (Mixture should be a deep caramel color.)
- Immediately (but gently) pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Let sit a couple of minutes to melt. (If your pan isn't hot enough you can return it to the oven for a minute.)
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the surface and sprinkle with the sliced almonds (or toppings of your choice.)
- Let stand until nearly set and then chill until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Break into pieces and try not to eat the entire pan by yourself!
Reader Questions and Reviews
Easy recipe and loved by everyone who attended our get together. Now I have to send recipe out to 4 attendees.
This was crazy good! And so easy. Big hit for Christmas this year. I’ve always wanted to try it and so glad I finally did!
I’ve seen a variation of this recipe floating around for ages and finally decided to try it. Needless to say, I wish I hadn’t since I can’t stop eating it! LOL.
I am thrilled to find saltine recipes. Can’t wait to make them, Thank you & God bless you & your family??
Turned out amazing!
This recipe and these cookies are amazing. So easy and everyone loves them.
Thanks, AMY, for a recipe with complete and easily understood instructions for a truly divine confection. Your tips are spot on and are excellent. I am looking forward to checking out your other recipes soon!
What’s the best way to store these?
That information is included in the article, thanks!
have made this years ago, everyone loved it. might have to try it again