This Pistachio Cake recipe is a super easy dessert! Made with 7up soda and pudding, so it turns out so moist and tender, and baked in a bundt pan for a beautiful presentation.
It’s not easy being green – unless you’re this Pistachio Cake, and then it really is! This cake is wonderful anytime of year, but especially fun if you’re celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day!
Pistachio Cake Ingredients
This cake starts with a box cake mix and then gets doctored up with other goodies. You can’t even tell this cake uses a box mix. But if you have a favorite from-scratch white cake mix recipe, by all means, use it!
- Box white cake mix
- Pistachio instant pudding (just the powder)
- Large eggs
- 7up soda
- Vegetable oil
- Almond extract
- Finely chopped pistachios
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Pistachio Cake Recipe Variations
- Replace the 7up: The carbonation make this cake so light and fluffy! But it can be replaced with club soda, milk, or water.
- Use a different pudding: This is a pistachio cake, but you can replace the instant pudding with a different flavor.
- Try a different nut: Swap out the chopped pistachios with walnuts or almonds.
- Add in some coconut flakes: A cup of sweetened coconut flakes can be added to the batter for another delicious layer of flavor (do it!)
- Drizzle with chocolate: Instead of dusting the cooled caked with powdered sugar, coat it with frosting, or drizzle with icing or chocolate ganache. Yum!
- What if I don’t own a bundt pan? A fluted bundt pan makes this cake so pretty. But if you don’t have one, no worries. This cake can also be made in a 9×13 baking dish with the cooking time between 25-30 minutes.
How to Make Pistachio Cake
This cake is so easy to make with just a few simple steps.
*Scroll down for the complete printable recipe card
- Whisk together the cake mix, instant pudding powder, eggs, 7up soda, vegetable oil, and almond extract; beat with an electric mixer until combined, then fold in the pistachios.
- Pour into a 10 to 12-inch fluted bundt pan that’s been buttered and floured.
- Baked until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then turn out onto a rack or plate. Dust with powdered sugar, slice, and serve.
How To Store Pistachio Cake
This cake will last about 1-2 days at normal room temperature. Anything longer, it will need to be refrigerated (for up to 5 days.) Either way, be sure to cover it with foil or plastic wrap so it doesn’t dry out. You an also freeze it for up to 2 months.
Pistachio Cake Video
Other Light and Fluffy Cake Recipes
Other Saint Patrick’s Day Recipes
Easy Pistachio Cake
- 15.25 ounce box white cake mix
- 3.4 ounce box pistachio instant pudding (just the powder)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 7up soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract , optional
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar , for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 10 or 12-inch fluted bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix, instant pudding powder, eggs, 7up soda, vegetable oil, and almond extract (if using); beat with an electric mixer or whisk vigorously for 2 minutes, until combined. Fold in the pistachios.
- Pour evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes, then run a dull knife along the edges to loosen. Then allow to cool completely.
- Turn cake out onto a wire rack or plate; dust with powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve!