These Easy Cinnamon Rolls turn your basic canned Pillsbury cinnamon rolls into something next level! Ultra moist, fluffy, and sweet, they’re baked in heavy cream and topped with an irresistible cinnamon sugar, plus the extra icing. So simple, quick, and absolutely incredible!
More super delicious Pillsbury hack breakfast treats include our monkey bread and air fryer donuts.
Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls Made Next Level
These easy cinnamon rolls are part recipe, part hack. They start with your everyday Pillsbury Grands but instead of just baking them on a cookie sheet, they’re baked with heavy cream and topped with buttery cinnamon sugar.
These simple additions make these cinnamon rolls extra sweet, extra moist, extra fluffy, and extra good! Once you make them this way, you’ll never go back to making them the boring, basic way again.
Though these only require maybe 5 minutes of prep, no one will ever guess you started with a can. They’re perfect for those moments when you need something a little special and just don’t have the time…like around the holidays and for out of town guests.
You’ll need just 5 ingredients for this sweet breakfast treat.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Cinnamon rolls – For this recipe, we’re taking Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls with Icing and making them even better.
- Heavy cream – This gets poured around the uncooked rolls and is absorbed into the dough as it bakes, making them super fluffy!
- Brown sugar – You can use light or dark brown sugar.
- Cinnamon – For that wonderful warm quintessential cinnamon roll flavor.
- Coarse salt – Just a bit to balance out all of the sweetness.
- Unsalted butter – This is melted and mixed with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt or an incredible topping.
- Caramel sauce (optional) – A couple tablespoons of our homemade caramel sauce or store bought warmed caramel topping stirred into the butter mixture takes this recipe up even another level!
- Chocolate Chips (optional) – Regular or mini chocolate chips sprinkled over the rolls before baking adds more delicious flavor.
How to Make Easy Cinnamon Rolls
This Pillsbury cinnamon roll hack takes just a few minutes to prepare. Perfect for busy mornings!
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for details and measurements, and don’t miss the video below.)
- Add the rolls to the pan. Separate the biscuits and place them in a baking dish coated with nonstick spray. Set the icing tubs to the side.
- Add the heavy cream. Pour the heavy cream around the cinnamon rolls.
- Add the cinnamon sugar topping. Whisk the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and caramel sauce. Pour over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake. Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 40 minutes. The cream should be absorbed and the rolls should be big and puffy. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Add the icing. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then pour the reserved icing from the can over the top.
- Enjoy. Serve with the drippings from the bottom of the pan. Enjoy!
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips for making this easy cinnamon roll recipe.
- Add more heavy cream if necessary. The heavy cream should go halfway up the cinnamon rolls. If it doesn’t, add a bit more.
- The heavy cream goes in the pan – not on the rolls. Don’t pour the heavy cream over the dough. Instead, pour it directly into the pan.
- Cool before adding the icing. If you add the icing as soon as the rolls come out of the oven, it will just melt. Add it while they’re still warm but give them a chance to cool a bit too.
Video: Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls
What to Serve with Cinnamon Rolls
These can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert. Personally, I think they’re perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning. If you want to balance it out with another dish or two to make a proper breakfast, you can never go wrong with some bacon or homemade breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs.
- Storing leftovers. You can keep your leftover cinnamon rolls, tightly covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. Note that even in an airtight container, they will begin to dry out in the fridge. I personally recommend keeping them at room temperature and eating them within 2 days.
- Reheat. Just pop a cinnamon roll in the microwave for just 10 seconds or so before enjoying again.
More Sweet Breakfast Ideas:
- Pecan Sticky Buns
- Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
- Jelly Donuts
- Challah French Toast
- Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Croissant Bread Pudding
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls with Icing (17.5 ounces, 5 count each)
- 1 cup heavy cream (or more)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce , optional
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips , optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Open up both packages of cinnamon rolls and set aside the icing tubs included. Separate the biscuits and place them in the prepared pan in a single layer.
- Pour the heavy cream into the bottom of the pan around the cinnamon rolls (not on top) – it should come halfway up the cinnamon rolls, so add more only if needed.
- Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and caramel sauce until combined. Pour the mixture evenly on top of the cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes until all the cream has been absorbed and the rolls are big and puffy. Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes, then pour the reserved icing over the cinnamon rolls.
- Serve each roll with some of the drippings from the bottom of the pan – it's like glorious extra icing!
Reader Questions and Reviews