Only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep needed for these absolutely delicious Apple Kielbasa Bites made in the slow cooker. Perfect as an appetizer, or serve over mashed potatoes for a complete meal!
Crock Pot Kielbasa Bites Recipe
This apple kielbasa bites recipe is always tucked in my back pocket. I pull it out when I need an effortless appetizer (or dinner!) because my fridge is never without kielbasa. It’s a lifesaver ingredient!
Made with just 5 ingredients, but seasonings, these take just minutes to prep and then let the slow cooker do the work for a few hours. It’s game day grub at its best, but we also love them served over mashed potatoes or rice as a meal.
If you’re making these as an appetizer for a crowd, I suggest doubling the recipe – they’ll go fast!
You only need 5 ingredients, plus seasoning to make these kielbasa bites.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Smoked sausage kielbasa – Unlike fresh sausages, kielbasa is already smoked/cooked and it’s so flavorful. We like the Hillshire Farm brand.
- Brown sugar – Brown sugar gives this dish a sweet warm, molasses flavor.
- Unsweetened applesauce – For flavor and moisture.
- Garlic – Use fresh for best flavor.
- Mustard – Adds a little tanginess.
- Crushed red pepper flakes – Just a pinch for a little heat. You can simply omit, if preferred.
- Use turkey kielbasa. Don’t eat or simply want to lighten the dish up? Use turkey kielbasa instead.
- Make it spicy. Cooked Andouille can replace the kielbasa if you like your food spicy.
- Add in some pineapple chunks. If you love the taste of pineapple, add in some fresh or canned pineapple.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. The easiest way to reheat these is in the microwave, but if you’re reheating a large amount, you can also use the crockpot or stovetop.
More Kielbasa Recipes:
- Kielbasa and Cabbage Skillet
- Kielbasa and Vegetable Foil Packets
- Shrimp Boil
- Easy Jambalaya
- Rice and Beans
Crock Pot Apple Kielbasa Bites
- 2 pakcages (13 ounces each) fully cooked polska kielbasa sausage , cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Coat a 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Add in all of the ingredients and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours until thoroughly heated through and pieces are tender, stirring a few times so the sides don't burn.
- Enjoy as an appetizer or over mashed potatoes or rice as a meal.