Sweet, salty, and crunchy, these Chocolate Potato Chip Clusters are an effortless, crazy delicious treat that only requires 3 ingredients, a few minutes, and no oven. Great any time of year, for any occasion!
Buy an extra bag of potato chips and make our potato chip cookies and kitchen sink cookies, too!
No-Bake Chocolate Potato Chip Clusters Recipe
We absolutely love a sweet and salty treat that’s super easy to make, and these potato chip clusters fit the bill perfectly. Why they’re so great:
- Texture and taste. Every bite is sweet, salty, crunchy, and amazing.
- Few ingredients. You only need 3 simple ingredients!
- Easy enough for little kids to make. These don’t require any kitchen skills and there’s no special equipment needed. So have your kids or grandkids help you make them!
- No oven needed. You won’t need to turn on the oven for these gems, since they’re a no-bake treat.
- They’re done quickly. The mixture sets up so quickly, which makes these a perfect choice when you need something last minute. From start to finish, you are looking at 15 minutes tops!
- Customizable. Vary the color of sprinkles, if using, to suit any occasion.
All you need are 3 ingredients, plus optional sprinkles!
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for all the measurements and details.)
- Candy melts – You’ll need white chocolate candy melts, Ghirardelli melting wafers, or almond bark. (See note below regarding white chocolate chips.)
- Potato chips – Use potato chips with ridges, such as Ruffles or Wavy Lays. They should be plain and salted. Avoid the flavored varieties.
- Pecans – Very finely chopped so you get some pieces in every bite.
- Sprinkles (optional) – These add fun, festive color to suit any occasion!
There are a few ways to vary these potato chip clusters to suit your taste.
- Replace the potato chips. Crushed up shoestring potatoes or Fritos corn chips are delicious, too!
- Try a different nut. The pecans can be replaced with peanuts, almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, etc.
- Can’t have nuts? Simply swap out the nuts with crushed up pretzels.
- Use a different chocolate. If white chocolate isn’t your thing, use dark chocolate candy melts or butterscotch instead.
- Have fun with the candy melts colors. Change the color of the chocolate to represent a school, sports team, or a gender reveal baby shower.
- Change the sprinkles to suit your occasion. Red and green for Christmas, pastel colors for Easter, blue or pink for baby showers, game day colors, and so on.
- Make smaller portions. We make 1/3 cup sized portions, but you can easily make them smaller if you want.
Using Regular White Chocolate Chips
How to Make Potato Chip Clusters
It literally does not get any easier for a quick treat. Here’s a summary of how to make.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for all the measurements and details, and watch me make them on TikTok.)
- Melt the chocolate. Melt the candy melts according to package directions.
- Add the chips and pecans. Crush up the potato chips and add them, along with the pecans, to the melted chocolate. Mix thoroughly.
- Drop in muffin liners. Drop portions of the mixture into muffin paper liners. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
- Chill. Transfer to the fridge for a few minutes to set. That’s it!
These chocolate clusters can be stored, covered, at room temperature for up to a week. Keep them away from sun, heat, moisture, and humidity. You can also store them in the refrigerator – they’re good chilled!
More Easy No-Bake Treats
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Chocolate Potato Chip Clusters
- 10 ounces white candy melts or Ghirardelli melting wafers
- 1 bag (9 ounces) salted potato chips with ridges (such as Ruffles or Wavy Lays)
- 1/2 cup tiny chopped pecan pieces
- sprinkles , optional
- Line muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate wafers according to package directions.
- Open up the bag of chips and then coarsely crush them into small pieces (but not completely pulverized. You want some texture.)
- Pour the chips into the bowl with the melted chocolate, along with the chopped pecans.
- With a spatula, mix everything together until thoroughly combined and coated.
- Scoop 1/3 cup portions of the mixture into the muffin liners. Top with a few sprinkles, if desired.
- Transfer to the fridge or freezer until set and hardened, about 1o to 15 minutes. Enjoy!