Whip up this easy cherry smoothie recipe in minutes! Made with cherry juice, chocolate ice cream, and frozen fruit, it’s a real treat for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
Yay for cherry season! It’s so short lived, that I’m willing to overlook the somewhat hefty price tag for a couple pounds of them. Plus, I can (and do) always freeze them so this Chocolate Cherry Smoothie is at my fingertips all year round.
The first house I ever bought had a naked front yard that was just begging for some type of tree to be planted. So, I put in a baby cherry tree. I lived there for nine years and I cried tears over that tree when it was time to sell. Man, did I love that tree.
Now I just buy cherries like most people, but it’s okay because our next door neighbor have a peach tree. Score!
Ingredients you need for this Cherry Smoothie Recipe
- Cherry juice
- Chocolate ice cream
- Pitted frozen cherries
- Frozen raspberries
Oh ya. Doesn’t it already sound amazing??
- Swap out the chocolate ice cream with vanilla.
- Use frozen yogurt instead of ice cream to cut back on calories.
- Frozen peaches, instead of raspberries, are delicious!
My kids actually call this smoothie a Cherry Chocolate Kiss, which I just love. It’s obviously a real treat and clearly more of a dessert, then a breakfast drink. Although I say live a little and serve it for breakfast, anyway!
Other Smoothie Recipes We Love
Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- 1 1/4 cups cherry juice
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup frozen pitted cherries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Place all ingredients in a blender (in the order listed) and blend until desired consistency is achieved.
- Poor into glasses and enjoy with a spoon or straw!