This easy and delicious One-Pan Sausage Pasta comes together in just 25 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights!
You know those come-to-the-rescue meals you have stashed in your arsenal for when you get home after a long day of work, but didn’t properly plan for dinner time, and don’t want take out?
Ya. I have a long list.
But I also have an even shorter one, for when I’m really really unmotivated. (Which often times, does result in Chipotle. Not gonna lie!)
Usually though, I go for my star line-up: Tomato and Tortellini Soup, Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes, Cheater Korean Beef, Creamy Pasta with Bacon and Peas, Easy Cashew Chicken, or Asian Chicken Salad. I always make sure to keep ingredients in the house for these lifesavers. They all take between 15-30 minutes start to finish, family favorites, and get made all.the.time.
(Not included here are a handful of others from my cookbook! WHICH YOU NEED. You really do. I swear. Pinky swear.)
This One-Pan Sausage Pasta is another winner. Made in just 25 minutes, one pan for easy clean-up, and tons of flavor.
I want every dinner to be this easy and delicious!
- • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- • 1 small sweet onion, diced
- • 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- • salt and pepper
- • 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- • 1 1/4 cups mini pasta shells
- • 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Warm oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add in onion and sausage; cook, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon, for about 5 minutes until sausage is browned and onions are translucent. Season with a touch of salt and pepper. Drain off grease.
- Add in 3 cups of the chicken broth; bring to a boil. Add in the pasta and stir to combine. Cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes, stirring every couple minutes towards the end to prevent sticking. Add in remaining 1/2 cup broth, only if necessary.
- Remove from heat; stir in the spinach until wilted. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Other quick dinner ideas you might enjoy!
20-Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup – Spend with Pennies
20-Minute Lemon and Broccoli Pasta Skillet – The Food Charlatan
Healthy Shrimp Pad Thai – Well Plated