This Slow Cooker Taco Soup is an easy meal made in your crock pot using pantry staples! Super nutritious also, to get you through cold and flu season!
This recipe was developed by me for Safeway whom I have an ongoing relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love and make Belly Full possible!
Omg, you guys. Have you ever had pneumonia? With bronchitis? Followed by the flu? And then a lovely cold to top it off?
Ya. It’s loads of fun. NOT.
I was pretty much useless the entire month of July because of all those things ^^^. I don’t think I’ve ever been that sick.
There are only a few things that made it bearable (and it doesn’t include the incompetent doctor I saw at Urgent Care!)…
2. Safeway’s grocery delivery service.
3. Safeway’s entire medicine aisle.
4. This soup.
5. And this Slow Cooker Taco Soup.
So, I made a survival list. HA. All the ingredients I needed for the soups, and also medicine that I always have on hand, but needed to be replenished, including Safeway’s Signature Care Honey Lemon Cough Drops, Nasal Decongestant Tablets, and Cold/Flu Daytime Relief Softgels. They’re less expensive than name brands, but just as effective!
I ordered everything online and they delivered to my front door the same day. And it’s free! Plus, the first time you do it, you get a $20 discount. There weren’t any errors in my order, no damaged products, and the delivery person was super friendly. I’ve already used the service again.
Now, normally when I’m sick, I go right for the chicken soup. But I literally had zero energy to be slicing, dicing, and roasting. This taco soup was a lifesaver. I had Haley brown the onions and beef, and then I just dumped everything in the crock pot. Easy and nutritious, loaded with corn, beans, and broth. Plus, the spice helped clear up my sinuses!
Obviously after eight days of a fever, I needed a chest x-ray and actual antibiotics, but these are some of the foods and medicine that get me through “normal” cold and flu season.
I think I am finally healthy. And if not, Safeway and Taco Soup to the rescue again.
Signature Care and O Organics products are available in my area exclusively at Safeway. Don’t live near a Safeway? No worries. You can also find these food products at any of the Albertsons Companies grocery stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaws, Star Market, United Express, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway.
- • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- • 1 pound lean ground beef
- • 1 small sweet onion, diced
- • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- • 1 can (8.75 ounce) corn kernels, drained
- • 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- • 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- • 1 can (10 ounce) mild enchilada sauce
- • 1 jar (16 ounce) O Organics mild salsa
- • 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- • O Organics Tortilla chips, O Organics Mexican shredded cheese, sour cream, and avocado for serving
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Cook the beef and onions until the onions are translucent and the beef is browned with no pink remaining, about 3 minutes. Drain off fat and return to heat. Season with the salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Transfer meat to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add in the corn, black beans, taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, salsa, and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese, a few avocado cubes, and broken up tortilla chips.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.