This Slow Cooker Taco Soup recipe is an easy meal made in your crock pot using pantry staples! Super nutritious also, to get you through cold and flu season!
Omg, you guys. Have you ever had pneumonia? With bronchitis? Followed by the flu? And then a lovely cold to top it off?
Ya. It’s loads of fun. NOT.
I was pretty much useless the entire month of July because of all those things ^^^. I don’t think I’ve ever been that sick.
There are only a few things that made it bearable (and it doesn’t include the incompetent doctor I saw at Urgent Care!)…
1. My husband.
2. Safeway’s grocery delivery service.
3. Safeway’s medicine aisle.
4. This soup.
5. And this Slow Cooker Taco Soup.
So, I made a survival list. HA. All the ingredients I needed for the soups, and also medicine that I always have on hand, but needed to be replenished.
Now, normally when I’m sick, I go right for the chicken soup. But I literally had zero energy to be slicing, dicing, and roasting. This taco soup recipe was a lifesaver. I had my daughter brown the onions and beef, and then I just dumped everything in the crock pot. Easy and nutritious, loaded with corn, beans, and broth. Plus, the spice helped clear up my sinuses!
Obviously after eight days of a fever, I needed a chest x-ray and actual antibiotics, but these are some of the foods and medicine that get me through “normal” cold and flu season.
I think I am finally healthy. And if not, Taco Soup in the crock pot to the rescue again.
Watch the video for this Taco Soup
Other Soup Recipes We Love!
How To Make This Taco Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small sweet onion , diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8.75 ounce can corn kernels , drained
- 15 ounce can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 10 ounce can mild enchilada sauce
- 16 ounce jar mild salsa
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- tortilla chips, Mexican shredded cheese, sour cream, and avocado , for serving
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Cook the beef and onions until the onions are translucent and the beef is browned with no pink remaining, about 3 minutes. Drain off fat and return to heat. Season with the salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Transfer meat to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add in the corn, black beans, taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, salsa, and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese, a few avocado cubes, and broken up tortilla chips.