Easter Sugar Cookie Bars – only 5 ingredients in this easy and fantastic dessert perfect for spring or Easter!
When I lived in Minnesota, I used to pay attention to the weather forecast like a hawk! Living in California, not so much.
So last week when I got a FedEx alert text message that the package I was expecting would be delayed due to inclement weather, I was like “Oh! Really?” It’s been so nice where I am. I was even in short sleeves and a sun hat the other day. I had no idea that winter was still kicking butt on the East Coast.
Even with the massive amount of rain we’ve been getting, I still wouldn’t consider that a problem, because we desperately need it. And the plants have exploded. It’s so nice to see green again!
I’m not ready to put my soup bowls away just yet, because history would indicate that we’ll have a cold spell again before it warms up for good. But I am looking forward to lighter, brighter food.
And I’ve been having fun with all the Easter and pastel colored candies in the stores, like with these sugar cookie bars. They’re so festive and so easy to make!
These were adapted from my Praline Crunch Bars
Other Cookie Bars you might like!
Easter Sugar Cookie Bars
- 18 ounce roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 12 ounce package white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- green food dye
- 1/2 cup pastel colored M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cookie dough and the pecans in a large resealable plastic bag and knead to combine. Press dough evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, place coconut in a small bowl or bag along with 1-2 dots of green food dye. Gently knead to combine and coat all the coconut. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave for 45-60 seconds. Stir and then microwave for additional 15 second intervals, if necessary, until melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the baked cookie dough and spread evenly. Sprinkle with the dyed coconut flakes, followed by the M&Ms.
- Chill in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes to set chocolate.
- Remove from pan onto a cutting board and cut into bars.