These Chocolate Strawberry Carrots are strawberries dipped in orange candy melts to look like carrots. A fun easy no bake treat for any Easter party or spring luncheon!
Chocolate Coated Strawberry Carrots
How cute and clever are these Strawberry “Carrots”! I spotted them in the Food Network Magazine and had to make them immediately. They were so easy.
These are a great little no-bake treat, perfect for springtime or Easter and make a fun centerpiece. You only need a couple ingredients and they come together in minutes!
You only need a few ingredients to make these candy-coated strawberries.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for all the details and measurements.)
- Orange candy melts
- Coconut oil
- Fresh strawberries
- Chocolate sprinkles (jimmies), for serving
The main difference between candy melts and real chocolate is candy melts contain natural oils, like vegetable oil, whereas real chocolate contains cocoa butter.
Candy Melts have a plain, milky flavor (sort of like white chocolate.) Since they come in a wide variety of colors and don’t need to be tempered like real chocolate, they melt and harden super easily. The ingredients of candy melts are sugar, powdered milk, vegetable oil, flavorings, and colors.
They are widely popular for making cake pops and other candies that need to be coated, like these strawberry carrots.
In order to use chocolate for these, you’d need white chocolate and color them with orange food dye. And you can do that! But orange candy melts eliminate that step. Candy melts also produce a smoother texture. Most importantly, in my humble opinion, candy melts set a lot faster and are able to sit out at room temperature without softening up.
Video: Chocolate Strawberry Carrots
These are best served the same day you make them, but the next day is fine. Keep them stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
More Easter Desserts:
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Chocolate Strawberry Carrots
- 12 ounce bag orange candy melts
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 18 medium fresh strawberries , rinsed and dried completely
- chocolate sprinkles , for serving
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place candy melts in a deep glass or measuring cup and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut oil until incorporated.
- Carefully holding the strawberries by the stem, dip them in the melted candy and swirl until full coated. Transfer the strawberries to the prepared baking sheet.
- When all the strawberries are coated, transfer the remaining melted candy to a small plastic bag; cut off the tip and drizzle back and forth over the strawberries to make horizontal lines.
- Set aside or place in the refrigerator for a few minutes to harden completely.
- Peel the candy-coated strawberries off the parchment paper and trim and uneven edges, if necessary.
- Place on a bed of chocolate sprinkles and serve. So much fun!
Reader Questions and Reviews
These were a hit in my daughter’s classroom!