Halved avocados are filled with tuna, then topped with crisp bacon and drizzled with Sriracha-mayonnaise.
Me: I think I’m on the tail end of my awful stomach ache
Paul: how long has it been?
Me: 3 hours
Paul: *shakes head in total judgment* You only have yourself to blame
Me: I know
Paul: was it worth it?
Me: ask me tomorrow, when I make these again
Paul: *laughs* you’re an idiot
Me: I know
You guys. I’m in such an abusive relationship.
They make me feel horrible. But I love them so so SO much. It’s not like bananas, which also upset my stomach, but meh, I could do without them. (Unless in Banana Cream Pie, and then all bets are off.) But AVOCADOS. Omg. Guacamole is like something Heaven sent. Or broiled with a little Parmesan and cayenne. Or pureed over pasta. Sigh.
And then there’s these gems. Ridiculous. I say it serves two, but in my house it just served me. And thus, me hating myself. Sort of. I’m going to make them again today and see if I’m building up a tolerance or an immunity. Like when you get a flu shot. Ya, that.
- • 2 slices of bacon, diced
- • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- • 1/2 teaspoon golden balsamic vinegar
- • garlic powder
- • black pepper
- • 1 scallion, diced
- • 1 can (5 ounce) white albacore tuna, drained
- • 1/8 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- • 1 large ripe avocado
- Saute bacon in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain off grease.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise, vinegar, a pinch of garlic powder and black pepper; taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Fold in the scallion and tuna.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and the Sriracha.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise; remove seed. Fill the hole of the avocado halves with the tuna mixture. Sprinkle with the bacon and drizzle with the Sriracha-mayo.
For ease of drizzling the Sriracha-mayo, place it in a plastic bag, snip the corner and squeeze.
(inspired by Homemade Hooplah)