Bacon, ground beef, cheese, and hot sauce make this Cowboy Pasta Salad a definite crowd pleaser! Perfect for summer get togethers.
This recipe was developed by me for Safeway whom I have an ongoing relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love and make Belly Full possible!
Hey gang! How was your weekend? Was it filled with the sweet smell of freedom, or tears because now you have to figure out a way to entertain your kids for two and a half months? HA. Or maybe your kids are still in school?
Our final day was last Thursday. And I rejoiced. Fifth and third grade were no picnic, so we are going to relish this break; swim, travel, relax, and hang out with friends whom we never get to see! And yes, I’ve got camps lined up…because I’m not crazy. Lol.
We actually already got a jump start on some of those by christening summer vacation with a pool party. I grilled ribs and corn, and set up a hot dog bar, which is always fun. And I tried out a new pasta salad recipe, thanks to all the awesome Signature items at my local Safeway store.
You guys. I am so excited to be working with Safeway. That’s where I do my grocery shopping, so when they asked if I wanted to partner up, I didn’t even think twice. The Signature line, exclusively at your local Safeway, includes more than 4,000 items including soups, cereals, coffee, juice, a wide selection of pantry staples, delicious prepared foods, fresh produce, and more – all at an exceptional value, with 100% money back guarantee.
Don’t live near a Safeway? No worries. You can also find these products at any of the Albertsons Companies grocery stores, including Albertsons, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaws, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
Almost every single ingredient in this pasta salad came from their Signature line of pantry staples, and it was so easy to make.
Ever heard of Cowboy Spaghetti? It’s a twist on classic spaghetti and meatballs, but with crumbled ground beef, bacon, hot sauce, and cheddar cheese. And apparently named as such because cowboys like that stuff, right? I just know that my family loves it.
I thought it would be fun to adapt it into a cold pasta salad for summer. And it was perfect. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe, so here it is! Horses, lassos, and spurs not included.
- • 1 pound dried mini pasta shells
- • 1 pound Signature Farms® Hickory Smoked Bacon, diced
- • 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- • 1 teaspoon cumin
- • pinch of red pepper flakes
- • salt and pepper
- • 1 cup mayonnaise
- • 1/4 cup Signature Kitchens® Original Barbecue Sauce
- • 2 tablespoons Signature Kitchens Spicy Brown Mustard
- • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- • 2 1/2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- • 1 can (15 ounce) Signature Kitchens Whole Kernel Golden Sweet Corn, drained
- • 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- • 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- • 5 scallions, diced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- In the meantime, saute bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain off grease. Wipe out skillet, leaving a little of the bacon grease. Add the ground beef; cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through and no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Season with the cumin, red pepper flakes, and with a pinch of salt and pepper. Drain off fat. Set aside to cool completely.
- In an extra large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and hot chili sauce until combined and smooth. Add in the cooked pasta, bacon, beef, corn, tomatoes, cheese, and scallions; toss to combine and coat.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.