This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta is super easy and loaded with flavor. Plus it’s all cooked in one pot, making clean up a breeze. Great 30 minute meal!
Hi gang! How was everyone’s Labor Day weekend? We ended up at the bookstore (a.k.a. Mecca), and tried to control our wallet. (I find this harder than being in a shoe store. Or the candy aisle. Because…BOOKS. But, we were good, each picking out only one. It’ll do for now!) Then spontaneously ended up with friends at the park, which led to swimming. Super fun day. The only thing that would have made it better is if it ended with me eating the ribs they made at their house, but this is the downside of not planning.
This pasta dish originally started with just mushrooms and leftover chicken, but then I decided to throw in some sun dried tomatoes for color, and cheese…because CHEESE, and the last of the white wine I had.
You guys, this was stupid good. So much flavor. Paul had thirds even though he was stuffed. And in constant mission to simplify things, I made it all in one pot. Comes together in under 30 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight meal!
- • 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- • 6 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • salt and pepper
- • 1/4 cup white wine
- • 32 ounce container low-sodium chicken broth
- • 12 ounces thin spaghetti, broken in half
- • 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- • 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes with herbs julienne cut, in oil, drained
- • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- • 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cracked red pepper flakes
- • 1/4 cup heavy cream
- • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil over medium-high in a Dutch oven pot or large skillet with a lid. Add in mushrooms and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Raise heat to high; add in white wine and allow to reduce by half. Pour in broth; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta, cover, and cook for about 7-9 minutes until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has absorbed.
- Mix in chicken, sun dried tomatoes, and lemon zest. Season with the red pepper flakes and a few grinds of salt and black pepper, to taste. Add in cream and warm through. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan, and parsley.
- Serve immediately in individual bowls.
(adapted from Delish)