Hi everyone! Hope you had a great weekend.
We’re still working on the back yard, putting the finishing touches on it before they fill the pool with water.
And we built a fire pit. You know, no biggie.
….actually, it was no biggie! Figured out what we needed, drove to Home Depot, loaded up the truck, came home and built it in 30 minutes. No joke. Thank you, Pinterest!
Now, of course, the kids ask for s’mores all.day.long.
Typical for California weather, it already feels like spring here, with the trees blooming and the birds searching frantically for nest material. And we all just want to be outside playing…not cooking.
I’m using my crock pot A LOT lately. Here’a another good one!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- crack red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- cooked rice
- Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken and carrots inside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, salt, black pepper, and a sprinkle of cracked red pepper flakes, until combined. Pour over chicken and carrots.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- Divide rice onto plates and place shredded chicken and carrots on top. Drizzle a generous amount of the cooking liquid over the chicken, and sprinkle with some parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!