These Cheerio Bars include gooey marshmallow, cookie butter, and white chocolate. They’re the best portable dessert or indulgent afternoon snack!
Nothing beats pancakes and scrambled eggs, or a nice slice of banana bread in the morning, but those are usually reserved for the weekends in our house. During the week, we’re pretty much a toast and cereal kind of family.
Cheerios is a standard for us and sometimes our local market has a 2 for 1 sale – when that happens, I always take advantage of it, and then make these Cheerios Marshmallow Treats!
Cheerios Marshmallow Treats
If you love Rice Krispie Treats, you will love these, too. Maybe even more, because these have a secret ingredient that is to die for – cookie butter.
Ingredients you’ll need:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Honey Nut Cheerios: you could use regular Cheerios, but we love the extra honey and nuttiness.
- Butter: Unsalted butter is our preference.
- Biscoff: If you’ve never had Biscoff, you are truly missing out. It’s cookie butter spread, similar to most nut butters, but a million times better.
- Mini marshmallows: Can’t have marshmallow treats without marshmallows!
- White chocolate chips: We love white chocolate, but you could use milk chocolate, if you prefer.
How to Make Cereal Marshmallow Treats
The process is similar to most marshmallow treats. (The printable and measurements are below.) Here’s a brief summary:
You simply melt the butter, cookie butter, and marshmallows together until completely melted. Toss in the chocolate chips. Remove from the heat and stir in the cereal until everything is coated. Transfer the mixture to a foiled lined 9×13 baking dish that’s been coated with cooking spray. Press it into a compact, even layer. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Bring to room temperature before serving, if preferred.
Other Marshmallow Treats
If you love marshmallows, don’t miss out on these other easy treats!
Cheerios Marshmallow Treats
- 7 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cookie butter spread
- 10 ounce bag miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter and cookie butter. Add in the marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted. Toss in the white chocolate chips and stir.
- Remove pot from the stove and fold in the Cheerios cereal until evenly coated with the marshmallow cream.
- While mixture is still warm, transfer to the prepared pan and press it into a compact, even layer.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy!