This sweet and silky Strawberry Shortcake Dip calls for only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time. No bake and super easy to make. Great for parties!
Ya. So. Um. I made this Strawberry Shortcake Dip for breakfast the other day. *cough*
Ok, I didn’t exactly make it with the intention of it being for breakfast. It was more like I made it early in the morning, and then I just ended up serving it for breakfast. Because that’s better, right? Lol.
This is when you really know it’s summer break – the kids snack from 2pm-5pm, have second dinner at 8pm, and then dessert dip for breakfast.
You can guess how many complaints I got.
Zero. That would be zero.
Obviously classic strawberry shortcake has, well, cake. And this doesn’t. This is just a fun riff in the form of a dessert dip. Serve it with cubes of sweet biscuits or pound cake and there’s your cake! Or I was even thinking this would be a great filling in between layers of cake. I imagine I could serve that for breakfast without complaint, as well.
This is super easy to make and serves many, so it’s great for parties, especially a girl baby shower. Plus, it’s so pretty!
This dip can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
It’s super easy to make and serves many, so it’s great for parties, especially a girl baby shower. Plus, it’s so pretty!
Other Dessert Dips We Love
Strawberry Shortcake Dip
- 3 ounce box strawberry instant Jell-O pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 ounce block cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounce tub Cool Whip topping , thawed
- 1 cup small diced strawberries
- cut up sweet biscuits, cubes of pound cake, graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, or strawberries , for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding powder and milk; whisk vigorously for 2 minutes until thickened. Set aside.
- In another large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined and fluffy; add in the Cool Whip and continue to mix until combined. Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Combine the pudding mixture with the Cool Whip mixture.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to thicken and set completely.
- Serve with cut up sweet biscuits, cubes of pound cake, graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, or strawberries!
- Make sure you use Jello pudding, not Jello gelatin.
- This can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.