This Skillet Zucchini is a super simple and tasty side dish with garlic, Parmesan, and almonds. Great use for summer garden zucchini or all year round!
I’ve decided that you all don’t need any new turkey recipes this year. With the exception of a few people I know, everyone is pretty set on how they serve their bird for Thanksgiving. You have your favorite brine, rub, and technique…and you’re not switching it up!
But different side dishes and desserts are always up for grabs. (Well, except the beloved stuffing. People are fierce about that.) Right?
I made this skillet zucchini a few times during the summer. Super simple and tasty, and can easily be doubled or tripled, depending how big your crowd is.
This is also a great side to have the kids help with – because using the Julienne Peeler is just plain fun.
other zucchini recipes we love
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds zucchini (or mixture of zucchini and summer squash), cut into matchsticks
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring continuously, for 30-60 seconds.
- Add in the zucchini; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the Parmesan and almonds; taste and season with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
adapted from Bon Appetit
this post contains affiliate links