Slices of sweet onions are roasted in a Parmesan cheese, cream, and wine bath making every bite of these Roasted Parmesan Creamed Onions absolutely luscious! Easy to make and a great side dish with steak, pork, and chicken!
You know those dishes where only half of it actually reaches the table…because you kept taking a taste? Ya. These Parmesan Creamed Onions gets filed in that category.
I loved these creamed onions so much, I made it three nights in a row.
If caramelized onions make you happy, this one is a must.
Sliced sweet onions are roasted in a Parmesan, cream, and wine bath; the sauce permeates each onion ring and makes every bite luscious.
Silly onion. How can you be so bitter and make me cry, but then turn around to be so sweet and make me smile? You may play a supporting character more times than not, but I know you’re the real genius behind the starring role.
Other Onion Recipes we love!
Watch the video for Parmesan Creamed Onions
How To Make this Creamed Onions Recipe
Roasted Parmesan Creamed Onions
- 4 large sweet onions , peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Carefully place onions onto parchment lined baking sheets, keeping the rings intact. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While the onions are roasting, place the heavy cream and wine in a small saucepan and simmer until it starts to bubble around the edges. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once onions are removed from oven, raise the temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Carefully transfer them to a shallow baking dish, again, keeping the rings intact. Slowly pour the cream sauce over all the onions. Sprinkle each onion with the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and return to the oven for another 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 5 minutes, letting the onions get brown and caramelized.
as seen on The Cutting Edge of Ordinary