Ranch BLT Flatbread – BLT sandwiches are taken up a few notches with cucumber, avocado, scallions, melted Monterey Jack, and Ranch dressing!
Happy Monday, everyone!
We skipped our soccer games to run…er…walk a marathon! It was only a 5k, but I didn’t want to push the kids too hard, especially considering we had to get up at 6am. OUCH. It was totally fun and actually over pretty fast. So instead of going out to eat, we came home and I made lunch.
Haley and Trevor love BLTs, Haley especially. Every week when I’m putting together my dinner menu and take requests, Haley ALWAYS asks for them. Usually I do the standard bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo.
But this time I took it up a few levels with added cucumber, avocado, scallions, melted Monterey Jack cheese, and Hidden Valley Ranch. You guys, this is my new favorite way to make them!
My friend Heidi has Ranch running through her veins – like, she was dipping her pizza crust in Ranch long before that became a thing. So I had her over for lunch and made these again. Heidi 100% approved.
The thing about BLTs, they aren’t subjected to a season. They are awesome 365 days a year, rain or shine, warm or cold. And they’re perfect right now as we head into holiday madness, when you need something quick and easy!
Ranch BLT Flatbread
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 (7-inch) round flatbreads
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 20 thin slices of cucumber
- 20 thin slices of Roma tomato
- 1/2 a ripe avocado , sliced or diced
- 2 scallions , diced
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray (this makes clean-up really easy!) Lay the bacon strips flat, making sure pieces do not overlap. Bake until crisp and browned, 15 to 18 minutes, or desired doneness. Using tongs, transfer strips to a paper towel to drain, then chop into pieces.
- In the meantime, place the flatbreads on a baking sheet and sprinkle the cheese evenly among them. Warm them in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Distribute the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado, scallions, and bacon pieces onto each flatbread and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the Ranch dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!