Two favorite comfort foods come together in this Garlic Bread Popcorn! This easy recipe is a flavorful snack for parties, movie watching, or on the go!
Once you make my stovetop popcorn, you will never go back to any other method, I swear! Enjoy it with just a little bit of salt or use it as a base and experiment with different seasonings and flavors like I do.
Movie night without a big bowl of freshly popped stovetop popcorn is unheard of in my house. Actually, most nights without popcorn is unheard of. Typically I just flavor it with a touch of salt, but it’s always fun to play with different flavors. This Garlic Bread Popcorn is the latest and it’s delicious!
There is a huge canister in our pantry filled with kernels. I always buy a bag of white and a bag of yellow, and then mix both together. Who knows why I ever started doing that, but now it’s a habit I
can’t don’t want to break.
Ingredients for Garlic Bread Popcorn
The star of the show is popcorn, of course. You can buy it already pre-popped or make your own. I’m old school and always cook mine on the stove. This method of making stovetop popcorn is foolproof where every kernel pops, nothing burns, and you’re left with fluffy, crisp popcorn.
For the seasonings, you’ll need dried parsley, garlic powder, kosher salt, unsalted butter, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese – just like garlic bread!
How to make this Garlic Bread Popcorn
It takes merely minutes to whip this flavored popcorn up! (Scroll below for the complete printable recipe.)
- Cook your popcorn using your desired method and pour it into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, you’ll whisk together all the seasoning ingredients.
- Drizzle a little melted butter over the popcorn, toss to evenly distribute, followed by a third of the seasoning mixture, toss again. Repeat until all the butter and seasoning mixture is used and the popcorn is evenly coated.
- And dig in!
We love this flavored popcorn so much – more times than not, I end up eating half the bowl before it even gets to the rest of the family!
Other snack recipes we love!
Garlic Bread Popcorn
- 8 cups stovetop popcorn (1/2 cup un-popped kernels) click the link for my foolproof cooking method!
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted and slightly cooled
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, dried parsley, garlic powder, and salt.
- Drizzle a little of the butter over the popcorn, toss to evenly distribute, followed by a third of the Parmesan mixture, toss again. Repeat until all the butter and Parmesan mixture is used and the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Eat immediately and enjoy!