Ranch Pretzels are so easy to make with only a few ingredients and are incredibly addicting! They are the perfect snack for school, work, game day, luncheons, parties, road trips, or a post-dinner nibble!
Have you ever made Ranch Pretzels? It’s an old (and awesome) Hidden Valley Ranch creation, except I use my own homemade Ranch seasoning (and you should, too. Just sayin’!)
When your kids have peanut allergies, finding snacks for them to enjoy at school is really challenging. Over the years, I’ve tinkered with a lot of traditional recipes (I’m looking at you granola bars) to make them safe. And certainly when I find one that doesn’t require a million alterations, I’m thrilled – like this Ranch Pretzel recipe. I’ve made it so many times. We love them – and so does everyone else! I can’t tell you how many moms have texted me “Hey, can I get that seasoned pretzel recipe, please??”
Ranch Pretzels are a delicious twist on a plain bag of store-bought pretzels, and they’re super easy to make. They might look sort of boring, but they pack great flavor. Put these out on the kitchen counter and they’ll be gone in a flash.
Ranch Pretzels Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Plain pretzels – If your market carries Snyder’s Butter Snaps Pretzels, use those. Their crisscross shape allows for more coverage of the seasoning and they have a buttered quality to them that is extra delicious. But any pretzel will work if you can’t find them.
- Canola oil – I use canola oil, but vegetable oil is totally fine. And buttered popcorn oil takes them up another level.
- Ranch dressing mix – My homemade Ranch seasoning (which you should make anyway, regardless of these pretzels. HA.) or a store-bought packet.
- Dried dill and Garlic powder – Even though the Ranch seasoning contains both these ingredients, it’s not enough. So we add more!
- Cayenne pepper – just a little pinch for the tiniest bit of heat and added flavor. You can simply omit it, if preferred.
How to Make Ranch Pretzels
Ranch seasoned pretzels are made in 4 of the easiest steps ever. Here’s a brief summary:
*Down below is the complete printable recipe card.
- Combine the oil with all the seasonings until incorporated.
- Toss the mixture with the pretzels until coated.
- Spread pretzels in an even layer on baking trays.
- Bake and allow to cool.
NOTE: You can gently toss everything together in a resealable plastic bag or a large bowl. Either way, as long as the pretzels get coated thoroughly.
Flavored pretzels that are so irresistible, you can’t stop at one handful!
You won’t have any leftovers. Lol. I actually recommend you make a double batch! Having said that, these store nicely in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
Other Snacks We Love!
- 12 ounce bag Snyder's Butter Snaps Pretzels (*see note)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons homemade Ranch seasoning (or 1 ounce store-bought packet)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (for easy cleanup) or simply coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Empty the entire bag of pretzels into a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag (alternatively, you can put them in a very large mixing bowl.)
- In a measuring cup (or bowl), whisk together the vegetable oil, Ranch seasoning mix, dill weed, garlic powder, and cayenne until fully combined.
- Drizzle the liquid mixture over the pretzels, seal the bag, and gently shake/toss to fully coat.
- Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Allow to cool completely (they will crisp up as they cool.) Enjoy!