These Flourless Chocolate Cookies are like a rich and fudgy flat brownie. So easy to make and gluten free, but nobody will even miss the flour!
Looking for more gluten free cookies? Don’t miss our Meringue Cookies – make them vanilla or chocolate!
Easy Chocolate Cookies
Looking for a gluten free cookie recipe that still tastes amazing? Look no further! These Flourless Chocolate Cookies are fantastic! There’s plenty of rich chocolate and sweet powdered sugar to mask the absence of flour – if you gave these to someone and didn’t tell them, they probably wouldn’t even know. They’re like a flat brownie!
Read What People Are Saying!
Chocolate Cookie Recipe Ingredients
Not including the salt, this chocolate cookie recipe only requires 4 ingredients – so easy! Here’s what you need:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Powdered sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Large egg whites
- Coarse salt
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans (optional)
How to Make Flourless Cookies
These cookies are very simple and only require a few steps. Here’s a summary:
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for all the details and don’t miss the video below.)
- Make the batter. Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans. Add egg whites and stir until just combined (do not over mix.)
- Form the cookies. Drop batter by large tablespoons 3 inches apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets (they spread quite a bit while cooking!)
- Bake and Cool. Bake for about 22-25 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until cookie tops are dry and crackled. Transfer sheets to a wire rack to let cookies cool completely.
- Serve. Carefully peel the cookies from the parchment if they tend to stick at all. Eat and enjoy!
Tips for Success
These gluten free chocolate cookies are super easy to make! Be sure to follow these simple tips to ensure they come out perfectly.
- Use only egg whites. For proper results, you will only use the egg whites. If you use the whole egg, these cookies will not turn out.
- Egg whites should be room temperature. This helps them blend more evenly into the batter and helps the dough rise more easily than cold eggs.
- Don’t over mix. Stir the batter until just combined. Over-mixing can result in a dry, crumbly cookie.
- Leave proper space in between the cookies. The batter spreads quite a bit, so make sure to leave ample space between the cookies on the baking sheet, at least 3-inches.
Video: How to Make Chocolate Cookies
Cookies may be stored up to 3 days in an airtight container. Or cool completely and then transfer to a freezer-safe plastic bag and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
More Easy Cookie Recipes:
- Easy Sugar Cookies (only 3 ingredients!)
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- THE BEST No Bake Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Famous DoubleTree Cookies
- Rolo Cookies
Flourless Chocolate Cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 large egg whites , room temperature, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F with racks in the middle. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans. Add egg whites and stir until just combined (do not over mix.)
- Drop batter by large tablespoons 3 inches apart onto the baking sheets (they spread quite a bit while cooking!)
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until cookie tops are dry and crackled.
- Transfer sheets to a wire rack to let cookies cool completely.
- Carefully peel the cookies from the parchment if they tend to stick at all. Eat and enjoy!