This pretty pink Peppermint Milk is so much fun for Christmas or Valentine’s Day. Super easy to make and so delicious served with some cookies!
Peppermint flavor anything is pretty synonymous with Christmas time, so this flavored milk is a must in December. But since peppermint candies are available all-year round, I say this peppermint milk is perfect for Valentine’s Day, too!
But Haley had a science class experiment last week, where they needed to dissolve something hard into something soft or something like that (way to pay attention, Mom!) and I thought this peppermint milk would fun. Plus, we got to ingest our results, unlike using shaving cream, which was Haley’s first suggestion. Lol.
You only need a few things to make this flavored milk!
- whole milk
- peppermint candies
- chocolate to rim the glasses, which is optional (but psssst. don’t skip it. really.)
We only tried this with whole milk, so not sure what the results would be with other dairy substitutes. I imagine skim milk would be ok, but not turn out as pink. Plain almond milk or soy milk might have a weird flavor and the color would definitely not be a pretty bright pink. I don’t know. It’s so easy and fairly inexpensive, that it’s worth playing around with. And you should – it’s tasty!
Other easy holiday minty treats to make!
- Cream Cheese Mints
- Peppermint Bark Dip
- Peppermint Snowcap Meringue Cookies
- Homemade Heart Marshmallows
Watch the video for Peppermint Milk
I hope you love this delicious and simple recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
- 1 quart whole milk
- 20 hard peppermint candies, plus more for garnish
- melted chocolate (semi-sweet, dark, milk, or white)
- Combine the peppermint candies and milk in a pitcher and stir; refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring a couple times, then strain.
- Dip the rims of tumbler glasses in melted chocolate and crushed peppermint candies; chill for about 10 minutes to set.
- Pour the peppermint milk into the glasses and enjoy!
Reader Questions and Reviews
Very festive, indeed!