This easy holiday punch recipe is made with fresh fruit juices, ginger ale, and sparkling wine. In just a few minutes you can have a delicious, festive drink that everyone will love! Recipe includes alcoholic and non alcoholic variations.
About this time every year, I always have friends asking “what do you drink on Christmas Eve?” and “what do you drink for Christmas dinner?” I always give them this holiday punch recipe.
This punch hits on all the notes – simple, easy, beautiful, and absolutely delicious. It’s especially great at holiday time when life is so hectic and you need something you can just throw together for guests in minutes.
Holiday Punch Recipe
This party punch is sweet, tangy, light, and crisp! The combination of different fruit juices, ginger ale soda, and sparkling wine are a winning combination, then garnished with lime slices and cranberries, it’s so pretty on a buffet table.
Ingredients You Need:
- Cranberry-Pomegranate juice: The tangy flavor of this compliments the sweetness of the pineapple juice so well.
- Pineapple juice: Sweet and slightly tart, pineapple juice has a distinct flavor that is a wonderful addition to this punch.
- Ginger ale soda: It has a sour, citrus-y note that makes it refreshing and so good! The carbonation gives the punch that perfect fizz.
- Sparkling wine: Use a very dry sparkling wine like Prosecco, which tastes light, zippy, and fruity, with lots of frothy bubbles.
- Fresh or Frozen cranberries: These are for garnish and add a beautiful pop of color as they float on the top. I like using frozen cranberries, which help the punch stay cold.
- Lime slices: I cut mine in circles for garnish. They add a touch of citrus and pretty color!
- Almond extract: this is the super secret ingredient that sounds odd, but I HIGHLY recommend! Almond extract actually doesn’t taste at all like almonds, but rather is more like Amaretto. It has a pure, sweet tone that lends a little cherry flavor to the punch. It’s fantastic. (If nut allergies are a concern, use Imitation Almond extract. Same flavor, no nuts.)
- Lots of ice!
(For exact measurements and details, scroll below to the easy printable recipe card.)
How to Make Holiday Punch
It doesn’t get much easier than this party punch – you literally only need 5 minutes!
- Chill. Make sure all the ingredients are well chilled.
- Add juices and extract. Pour cranberry-pomegranate juice, pineapple juice, and almond extract into a large punch bowl or drink dispenser over ice. Mix to combine.
- Add soda and sparking wine. When ready to serve, add the ginger ale soda and Proseco and give it a gentle stir.
- Garnish. Top with frozen cranberries and lime slices.
Tips For Serving
- Serve in a large punch bowl with a ladle or a large drink dispenser, so guests can fill their own cup. (This recipe makes 20 cups of liquid, so you will need about a 7.6L beverage dispenser or a 8 quart punch bowl to accommodate the punch and also ice and garnishes.)
- Set out some festive holiday glasses or mason jars. Dunk the rims in a little corn syrup and red and green colored sugar.
- You can easily double or halve this recipe depending on how many guests you have.
- Serve within a couple hours for best results as it will start to go flat.
- Non-Alcoholic Christmas Punch: Substitute the Prosecco with another liter of ginger ale, if you want a non-alcoholic drink.
- Cranberry Christmas Punch: Use Ocean Spray 100% cranberry juice instead of the Cranberry-Pomegranate juice. (Ocean Spray 100% cranberry juice has a blend of other sweet fruit juices. If you use pure unsweetened cranberry juice cocktail, the punch will be too tart or bitter.)
- Christmas Punch with Spiced Rum or Vodka: Use 3 liters of Ginger ale and swap in an equal amount of spiced rum or vodka for the Proseco in this recipe (or start with 2 cups and taste, adjust to your liking.)
- Christmas Sangria: Allow this punch to sit for a while and go flat, then mix in a robust red wine to the leftovers.
What to Serve with Holiday Punch
This party punch goes perfectly with so many holiday recipes. Here are some delicious ideas:
Appetizers: Christmas Charcuterie Board, Puff Pastry Twists, and Holiday Muddy Buddies are always a hit!
Desserts: Baklava, Eggnog Cheesecake Bars, Cranberry Cake, Snowball Cookies, and Molasses Cookies would be great with a glass of this punch.
Other Holiday Drinks
I hope you love this delicious and simple recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Easy Holiday Punch
- Large punch bowl or drink dispenser
- 6 cups Cranberry-Pomegranate juice , chilled (I use Oceanspray)
- 3 cups Pineapple juice , chilled
- 1 tablespoon Almond extract
- 2 liters (8 cups) Ginger ale , chilled
- 750 ml bottle (3 cups) sparkling wine (such as Prosecco), chilled
- 2 cups Frozen cranberries , for garnish
- 2 small Fresh limes , sliced, for garnish
- Pour cranberry-pomegranate juice, pineapple juice, and almond extract into a large punch bowl or drink dispenser over ice. Mix to combine.
- Pour in the Prosecco and ginger ale and give it a gentle stir.
- Top with frozen cranberries and lime slices.
- Ladle into glasses and enjoy!