Chex Mix Holiday Muddy Buddies with a Christmas holiday flair. Super easy and festive treat, ready in just 15 minutes!
I always spend far too much time deciding what to name these. Holiday Muddy Buddies? Holiday Puppy Chow? Holiday Chex Mix? It’s all the same thing, and they are pretty much THE BEST treat ever.
This muddy buddies recipe is from last Christmas, but I think I ran out of space in my editorial calendar, and never shared them. And so they got buried.
But it’s like finding money in the couch cushions!
Muddy Buddies Recipe
You only need a handful of simple pantry ingredients to make this recipe:
- Rice Chex Cereal
- white chocolate
- heavy cream
- powdered sugar
Make a batch while school is still in session, so you can pawn some off in your kids’ lunch boxes. Otherwise, you will stand at the counter and eat all 14 cups. Fact.
Other no bake holiday treats
Watch the video
I hope you love this delicious and simple recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
How To Make Muddy Buddies
Chex Mix Holiday Muddy Buddies
- 12 ounce box Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup pretzel pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup roasted and salted shelled pistachios
- Place cereal into an extra large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a 2-gallon re-sealable food storage plastic bag and set aside.
- Place white chocolate chips and heavy cream together in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 15 second intervals until the chocolate has melted and the mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Pour half the melted chocolate over the top of the cereal, gently fold with a spatula. Poor the remaining mixture over the top and gently fold to combine (doing this in two steps helps make sure all the cereal is evenly coated.)
- Transfer the coated cereal to the bag with the powdered sugar; seal bag and gently toss until all the cereal is well-coated.
- Place cereal back in the large bowl and toss with the pretzels, cranberries, and pistachios.
Reader Questions and Reviews
Is this glutten-free?
No, the pretzels are made with flour. But you could look for gluten-free pretzels available at some grocery stores.
Looks like a great snack any time of the year.
These are great for homemade gift ideas!
oh yeah. . can’t do the holidays without muddy buddies and holiday chex mix!!!! this is a party MUST HAVE!