This Cumin-Lime Chickpea Salad is a ridiculously easy and healthy side salad that requires no cooking, comes together in 15 minutes, and for under $5.00
It’s so hard to believe that once upon a crazy time I didn’t like chickpeas…because now my pantry is stocked with them.
I use them in salads and soups. I roast them. I even put them in cookies! So this Cumin-Lime Chickpea Salad, where the legume is the star of the show, suited me just fine.
I’m always searching for easy side dishes to accompany a meal, or to just have on hand for a late afternoon craving.
Two or three Five bites usually does the trick.
Even better when there’s no cooking involved, it comes together in 15 minutes, and for under $5.00 – gotta love all that!
other chickpea salad recipes
Cumin-Lime Chickpea Salad
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 medium limes , juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cans (15 ounce each) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), , rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium red onion , finely diced
- 1/2 bunch parsley , chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, cayenne, and salt.
- Add the chickpeas, onion and parsley; stir gently to combine.
- Serve right away or refrigerate for a few hours. The flavors get stronger the longer they have to meld.