These Pumpkin Spice Muffins require only 4 ingredients, 5 minutes of prep, and 1 bowl. They’re made without oil, butter, or eggs, but you’d never know it! Moist, tender, and so delicious.
If you love the combination of pumpkin and butterscotch don’t miss our Butterscotch Pumpkin Cookies – little pillows of Heaven!
A Super Easy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
Think a muffin can’t be moist and delicious without oil, butter, or eggs? Think again! These Pumpkin Spice Muffins are insanely good, and done in a flash with only 4 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 5 minutes of prep. Plus they’re only 148 calories each. It’s like a gift.
See, if you always have a can of pumpkin puree in your pantry, good things can happen. Good muffin things.
Pumpkin Spice Muffin Recipe
You only new 4 items to make these spice cake pumpkin muffins, plus water.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Spice cake mix: A standard 18.25 ounce box. Doesn’t matter what brand.
- Pumpkin puree: Canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling.)
- Cinnamon chips: We love this addition. Sometimes Hershey’s cinnamon chips are hard to find and when that’s the case, we just use butterscotch chips or chocolate chips instead.
- Nuts: Chopped pecans are our nut of choice, but walnuts are great, too.
- Water: So, technically I guess this would be considered a 5th ingredient, but if you don’t have running water, you have way bigger problems than making muffins!
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Muffins
To make this Pumpkin Muffins with spice cake mix recipe, follow the steps below included in the printable recipe card and don’t miss the video below.
These muffins are best served the same day, but will remain somewhat soft at room temperature for a couple days. To freeze, allow to cool completely and place in a freezer-safe bag. They freeze well up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and warm up before serving.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 18.25 ounce box spice cake mix
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s cinnamon chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin tins with wrappers, lightly coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the spice cake mix, pumpkin, and water until completely incorporated. Then fold in the cinnamon chips and pecans.
- Fill each muffin slot 3/4 of the way. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.NOTE: Can’t find cinnamon chips in the baking aisle? Use butterscotch or chocolate instead!