These Chicken Patties with Mint Yogurt Sauce are easy, healthy, and flavorful. Cooked under the broiler in just minutes!
It’s only Day 3 of our no-junk-food challenge and it’s been every bit as challenging as the word suggests. I’ve decided that somebody needs to put a padlock on the pantry door and throw away the key.
Some would recommend that I not stock the pantry with junk food to begin with. Point taken, but in my world, Ritz crackers and chocolate covered almonds have never been considered junk food. Who makes up these silly rules, anyway!?
It was only minutes after the whimpering stopped, realizing that the cereal I eat is probably considered junk food, when Paul sheepishly pointed out he could have soda because it wasn’t on the list. (Ya. So for all of you who have your money on him, good luck with that.)
But I’ve kept temptation at bay (barely.) Nothing processed so far. Just a lot of fruit. I’m learning to love bananas. Not.
Other than the no junk food, we’re not following any other dietary restrictions. If I want to serve Fettuccine Alfredo for dinner, then I’m gonna! But honestly, it’s been so hot this week (hello summer!) that we’ve felt like eating lighter anyway.
These chicken patties fall right in line with that. They’re light, flavorful, and filling. Bonus that they’re high in protein and healthy. I’ve made them dozens of times….although usually they’re followed by a bowl of ice cream. Sigh.
Other healthy chicken recipes we love
Watch the video for Chicken Patties
How To Make This Chicken Patties Recipe
Chicken Patties with Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 large egg whites (, lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic (, minced)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pita pockets (, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and cucumbers, for serving)
- Minted yogurt sauce (, for serving)
For the Minted Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- For the yogurt sauce: in a small bowl, stir together yogurt, mint, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until the chicken patties are done.
- Heat broiler, with rack in highest position. In a large bowl, combine chicken, egg whites, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, and spices and mix until well blended. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Divide chicken mixture into 8 equal portions and place on sheet. Shape each into round or oval patties and use your hand to flatten slightly. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over patties.
- Broil until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook until cooked through, about 4 minutes more. Serve in pita pockets with the Mint Yogurt sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers, if desired.